Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Removing Hidden Info from HTMFORM report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Removing Hidden Info from HTMFORM report
 Login/Join

posted
Hi folks,

Complete noob in WebFocus and I wonder if someone here would be kind enough to point me in the right direction.

I'm using PHP cURL to pull reports from WF and display those reports within an existing web page. However, when I get the results of an HTMFORM I also get a block of hidden statistics as part of that report. How can I turn this hidden block off?

An example .fex file:
-SET ECHO = OFF;
 SET WARNING = OFF;
 SET MESSAGE = OFF;

TABLE FILE COMPREPORT1
 HEADING
  "Samples - Last 6 Months"
 SUM CNT.SAMPLE_DATE
 BY END_USE AS 'End Use'
 WHERE MYDATE GE '&MYDATE';
 ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
 ON TABLE SET
  STYLE *
   TYPE=REPORT, GRID=ON, BORDER=1, JUSTIFY=CENTER, $
  ENDSTYLE
 ON TABLE HOLD AS COMP0002 FORMAT HTMTABLE
END
-RUN

COPY COMP0002.HTM &&SP01&&COMPETIT
-RUN

-HTMLFORM BEGIN

<div id="wf_competitor_samplesenduse">
!IBI.FIL.COMP0002;
</div>

-HTMLFORM END

And the resulting HTML returned:
<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
<!--
TABLE { border-collapse:collapse; }
TD { vertical-align:top; padding-left:6pt; padding-right:6pt; }
.x2 { text-align:center;
 border-style: NONE; }
.x3 { text-align:center;
 border-top: 1.00pt SOLID #000000; border-bottom: NONE; border-right: NONE; border-left: NONE; }
-->
</STYLE>
<TABLE CELLPADDING=1>

*** table data removed for brevity ***

</TABLE>
</div>

<!--
0 HTML FILE SAVED ...
1 file(s) copied.

WebFOCUS Version 7.6.5 compiled and linked on Mon Apr 28 23:11:00 EDT 2008 (Gen branch765:197)
-->

I'd like to remove that last bit of hidden html within the < !-- --> block. I've switched some settings off in the top of the .fex file, but I can't find how to get rid of the hidden block, or at the very least the echo's of the file save and copy results.

Thanks,
Dave

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.65

Guru
posted Hide Post
Take a look at this post. [CLOSED] Remove Comments in HTML
I modified cgivars.wfs on 7.6.10 Hotfix 12 but it does not seem to work.
The workaround that used on a previous project of mine was to use a javascript regular expression to filter out the html comment.
Don't know if this is an option for you. I would also open a case with IBI.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Unix Self-Service/MRE/Report Caster - Outputs Excel, PDF, HTML, Flat Files

Posts: 320 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: February 12, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link Max, unfortunately I already have MESSAGE|MSG set to OFF, which doesn't remove the comment in regard to file copies.

I'm not too worried about removing the version line, but the file(s) copied is bugging me. (I could remove the entire block via PHP as part of the cURL process, but I figured there must be a WF flag to just turn it off.)

Maybe the cgivars.wfs IBIWF_showInfo setting takes the entire block out (can't find any docs about that setting), but I don't have access to that file anyway.

WebFOCUS 7.65

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
SET EMGSRV=OFF
SET MESSAGE=OFF

If you put these two lines in your procedure, the statistics won't be shown anymore.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The '1 file(s) copied' however comes from somewhere else, probably the OS, but not from WF.
You could specify with your copy command to store the output of the command in a file. For instance with [code]copy /y file newfile > copy.out[/copy]

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks GamP, just what I needed!

EMGSRV setting switched off the error reporting

/y didn't work as it just suppresses overwrite prompts, but you put me on the right path. WF is indeed just running the dos COPY command, so it was just a matter of sending the result to null...

COPY file.ext dest.ext > null

So, the full settings I now have, which appear to hide all hidden comment messages except the WF copyright, are...

SET WARNING = OFF;
SET MESSAGE = OFF;
SET EMGSRV = OFF;

and any -COPY commands have > null on them

Job's a good'un.

WebFOCUS 7.65