Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     graph data value for total of stacked values

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
graph data value for total of stacked values
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have a stacked bar graph on which I want to display ONLY the totla of the stacked bars.
The graph is buildt with underlying focus code similar to this:

sum cnt.cars
by country
across region

I found a
setDataTextStackedTotalOnTop(true) keyword in the WebFOCUS Keysheets on page 93. It certainly sounds like it would accomplish what I want... only I get a 'Possible Error on:setDataTextStackedTotalOnTop();' message.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to accomplish this?

Laure

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03 - MRE, BID, - WindowsXP - Oracle 9i, SQLServer, DevStudio 7.7.3 - Apache Tomcat , Output: HTML, Excel 2013 and PDF

Posts: 78 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 07, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
setDataTextStackedTotalOnTop

I searched the Interwebs and IBI Tech Support and there's no mention of setDataTextStackedTotalOnTop.

There's no mention of it in the Perspective for Java documentation I have.

By the way, is GRAPH in WebFOCUS still using Perspective for Java? I just checked the Three D Graphics - Perspective for Java page and it states that the documentation was last updated on Oct. 2, 2000. There's nothing new since then?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Francis,

IBI purchased the API and source code from 3D a number of years ago, I think at least 5. Since then they have incorporated it into the product and have produced their own version of the manual.

There is a manual called wf713graph.pdf on the 76x doc CD dated April of 2007.

Hope this helps.

The good news is that both the Graph Assistant and the Advanced version both generate a lot of the API that we used to have to hand-code after searching through the manual for just the right property to set.

Now if I could only get the AGA to work in Unix....

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
One more thing, Francis. In the bin directory of your 5.3 Dev Studio installation, there should be a graph API manual with a later date than 2000.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Laure,
You can find lots of documentation in the wf713graph.pdf manual.

I find that one can show cumulative totals for every stack layer but not the total only. Here is an example:
GRAPH FILE CAR
SUM CNT.CAR.COMP.CAR
BY CAR.BODY.BODYTYPE
ACROSS CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
ON GRAPH SET 3D OFF
ON GRAPH SET GRID ON
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHEDIT SERVER
ON GRAPH SET GRMERGE ON
ON GRAPH SET VZERO ON
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHSTYLE *
setSeriesType(0,1);
setLegendDisplay(true);
setLegendMarkerPosition(0);
setMarkerDisplay(true);
setDataTextDisplay(true);
setStackedDataValueSum(true);
setGraphType(18);
setUseSeriesShapes(false);
setConnectLineMarkers(false);
setConnectScatterMarkers(false);
setO1LabelDisplay(true);
setO1AxisSide(0);
setO1MajorGridDisplay(true);
setO1MajorGridStyle(0);
setO1MinorGridDisplay(false);
setY1LabelDisplay(true);
setY1AxisSide(0);
setTextFormatPreset(getY1Label(),1);
setY1MajorGridDisplay(true);
setY1MajorGridStyle(0);
setY1MinorGridDisplay(false);
setFontSize(getO1Label(),12);
setFontSizeAbsolute(getO1Label(),true);
setPlace(true);
ENDSTYLE
END

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Laure (from Intersil???),

try this:

GRAPH FILE CAR
SUM CAR.BODY.DEALER_COST
CAR.BODY.SALES
CAR.BODY.RETAIL_COST
ACROSS CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH VBRSTK1
setDisplay(getDataTextStackedTotalOnTop(), true);
setFillColor(getDataTextStackedTotalOnTop(),new Color(0,0,255));
setDataTextPosition(0);
setTextRotation(getDataTextStackedTotalOnTop(), 0);
setPlace(true);
END
-EXIT

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Laure,
Try running this procedure and see if that works for you.

GRAPH FILE CAR
SUM CNT.CAR
SEATS
BY CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH VBRSTK1
setReportParsingErrors(false);
setPlace(true);
setDisplay(getDataTextStackedTotalOnTop(),true);
END

Vicky Lozovsky

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Yes Tom, Intersil! Thanks
This gave me exactly what I was looking for.

setDisplay(getDataTextStackedTotalOnTop(), true);

Laure

Laure

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03 - MRE, BID, - WindowsXP - Oracle 9i, SQLServer, DevStudio 7.7.3 - Apache Tomcat , Output: HTML, Excel 2013 and PDF

Posts: 78 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 07, 2006Report This Post