Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Getting WRAP or SQUEEZE to work with active reports

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Getting WRAP or SQUEEZE to work with active reports
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I have an report with a wide alphanumeric column. Upon converting to an Active Report, the style sheet WRAP and SQUEEZE properties have no effect. How can I get either of these properties to work with Active Report enabled?

Thank you,

John

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WF 7.7.03, Windows 7, HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 225 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, California | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
hi john,

Does active report mean AHTML format????
Because i had a hard time wrapping the long Alphanumeric columns in PDF Format.

WebFOCUS 714
Windows XP
Output: HTML,PDF,Excel

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Did you try:

-* File Wrap.fex
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT MODEL MODEL MODEL
BY COUNTRY BY CAR
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN, SQUEEZE=OFF, ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT, GRID=ON, size=9, $
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=N3, WRAP=1.00, $
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=N4, WRAP=0.7, $
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=N5, WRAP=0.5, $
ENDSTYLE
END

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
John,

I was asked this question during my presentation at Summit. Was that you? The question was whether or not Active Reports supports WRAP and SQUEEZE settings. Since I do not have a license for AHTML I never have tried this. I assumed it would but it looks like I was wrong. Unfortunately I can't do testing to see how to get around this.

Does anyone else have an Active Reports license to test this?

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Danny,

I tried your suggestion, but it had no effect.

Thank you,

John

Posts: 225 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, California | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
JohnB,

Make sure your HEADINGS are not longer than the report columns; that will stretch out the columns...

Create a new column and SUBSTR/EDIT the original.

Make sure "NOT" to use a AnV column, change it to An...

Make sure SQUEEZE=ON

Tom

EDIT:

Heres some code, try it and notice that the HEADING does to the columns. Now split the HEADING into 2 lines and the columns condense.
We had this problem with images...

DEFINE FILE CAR
  X_COST/P13.2M = DEALER_COST;
  Y_COST/P13.2M = RETAIL_COST;
  DESC/A50      = 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA';
END
TABLE FILE CAR
HEADING
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
SUM
	X_COST NOPRINT
	Y_COST NOPRINT
BY COUNTRY AS ''
SUM
DEALER_COST/P13.2M  
RETAIL_COST/P13.2M  
DESC                
BY COUNTRY   PAGE-BREAK
BY CAR  
FOOTING
""
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT AHTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,
SQUEEZE=OFF,
ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
GRID=OFF,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=10,
$
TYPE=TITLE,
STYLE=BOLD,
$
ENDSTYLE
END
-EXIT

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom Flynn,

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Tom,

The width of the heading was not the cause -- it's only about a 1/4 of the width of the report.

John

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hey JohnB,

Make sure you are not using AnV columns.
How big is the alphanumeric column you mentioned?

An example would be great!

I'll check over the weekend for your response...

Have a Safe & Happy 4th...

Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
John,

After running some tests and looking at the (very complicated) HTML source produced by the HOLD FORMAT AHTML, I think that there are 2 conclusions:
1. The output being HTML, the WRAP attribute is ignored (not so in PDF, Arvind).
2. The HTML+Javascript generated by WF causes the columns to not wrap even if the output page is wider than your screen.

So, if you are intent on having the possibility to manage the column width of your Active Reports, you should put in a NFR.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Tom,

I believe Daniel is correct.

John

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I know this is a really old post, but it still came up early in the results for me. The solution I found is that you have to change the TYPE for AHTML reports.

In other words, this works for Excel:
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=N5, WRAP=4, $  

But in AHTML, to get it to wrap, you have to use TYPE=DATA:
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N5, WRAP=4, $  

It's silly that this is the way it is, since it's completely non-intuitive, but it's a workaround.

Prod: 8.2.0.4 OS:Windows 10 Output:AHTML, Excel 2007+

The life of a designer is a life of fight against the ugliness.

Posts: 141 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 10, 2012Report This Post