Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Basedir Migration
 Login/Join

posted
We are in the process of moving form WF 7.1.3 without ReportCaster to WF 7.6.2 with ReportCaster. Initally, Everything was working fine and we were ready to do the final move of any programs that the users have done in our old system to the new system. The consultant said for us to use the migration utility to perform this task.

After executing the utility we can no longer access ReportCaster. I have syncronized ReportCaster which I am sure has wiped out the user from there if I read the log file correctly.

Has anyone come across this little hitch before?

Posts: 5 | Location: Fayetteville State University | Registered: June 14, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Toni,

I don't know about this specific problem, but does stopping then restarting the ReportCaster processes fix the problem by any chance?

Sean

------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROD: WebFOCUS 7.6.2 on Unix AIX/Tomcat/Servlet Mode
TEST: WebFOCUS 7.6.2 on Unix AIX/Tomcat/Servlet Mode

Posts: 210 | Location: Ottawa | Registered: November 03, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
when you say you synchronized ReportCaster, do you mean you ran the rcusersync utility? If not, that needs to be done as well.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Danger, danger, Will Robinson!

If you had a functioning Report Caster with operating system execution ids and passwords, running rcusersync will wipe out the execution passwords. Trust me, I have done this many times and it is not what you want to do.

The steps are to migrate basedir, then migrate the Report Caster repository. Do not run rcusersync. If I were you, I would re-migrate RC.

Is your admin password for both MRE and RC the same?

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
From Toni:
quote:
We are in the process of moving form WF 7.1.3 without ReportCaster ...

From Ginny:
quote:

If you had a functioning Report Caster with operating system execution ids and passwords...

Toni said that they did NOT have a functioning Report Caster on 7.1.3 so there is no "migration" for RC. Just a new repository to set up. From the manual:

This is a required step when migrating from ReportCaster 4 or if you migrate the Managed Reporting repository, but are not migrating the ReportCaster Repository.

ReportCaster and Managed Reporting use the same user IDs, but these user IDs are stored separately in both a Managed Reporting repository and in a ReportCaster repository. During normal operations, when you create or edit a user ID in Managed Reporting, it is automatically
synchronized with the ReportCaster Repository. However, when you create a new empty ReportCaster Repository, it contains no user IDs. If the Managed Reporting repository contains user IDs, but the ReportCaster Repository does not, you must run a utility to place the Managed Reporting user IDs into the ReportCaster Repository.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Darin,

You are correct. I missed that little but important part of her first sentence.

Running rcusersync should fix her right up.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post