Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] FOC1822 error and fixing a master file

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] FOC1822 error and fixing a master file
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I have logged on to Dev Studio (Rel. 7703) for first time at this client. I tried to run a little fex to view the fields (and their format, etc.).

quote:

TABLE FILE MMDB1
PRINT *

IF RECORDLIMIT EQ 15
ON TABLE SAVE
END

I receive an error message:

quote:

(FOC1822) WARNING. INVALID SYMBOL: >=<

so I issue the command

quote:

CHECK FILE MMDB1
-RUN

and this error returns:

quote:

(FOC03601) ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 26 IN MMDB1
-------------------------------v
FIELDNAME=STDPROJECT ALIAS=I0646, USAGE=A4, ACTUAL=A4, $
-EXIT

After looking for the MMDB1 master in whatever folder/domain I could access
in Dev. Studio without success, I issued:

WHENCE MMDB1 MASTER

Here are the findings:

quote:

WHENCE MMDB1 MASTER
SYS5.SYSA.APPROOT.MMIS.MASTER.DATA(MMDB1)

I have not ever encountered this circumstance before! Roll Eyes

Can anyone tell me who I should talk to, or what I could do edit the MMDB1 MFD to create reports agsainst it?

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
APP Studio, Developer Studio, InfoAssist, Dashboards, charts & reports
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Posts: 573 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: July 06, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
A comma between STDPROJECT and ALIAS should do the trick.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks Alan for your reply. I konw the comma would fix it, but I don't know how I would access the file to edit it. Confused

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Posts: 573 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: July 06, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
TSO ISPF 2 (Edit)

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Pity its not FOCUS, and you could use TED.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
This master is configured and resting on a drive which is allocated to Developer Studio
and WebFOCUS, not a mainframe installation of FOCUS.

So I do not think that I could edit the master
using tso ispf.

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Expert
posted Hide Post
Based on the name you provided, SYS5.SYSA.APPROOT.MMIS.MASTER.DATA(MMDB1), this is a mainframe PDS; talk to your system people/WebFOCUS Administrator and re-generate the MFD, or, edit it...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I have been able to locate the mfd in the data servers domain in WebFOCUS.

I added the comma to the STDPROJECT field and the hourglass indicates that the change was saved to the file.

However when I tried a check file against this mfd I received the same errors:

quote:

(FOC03601) ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 26 IN MMDB1
------------------------------v

Other than possible access issues, is there anything else I need to do? Big Grin

As you know, webfocus is a little different than the mainframe.

Thanks!

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Expert
posted Hide Post
I have vague memories of encountering issues updating files in mainframe application folders via Dev Studio, but I can't give you any concrete suggestions, other than to ask someone that has mainframe access to verify that your update actually took place.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
On the off chance, could the session still be active, if so, then issue an UNLOAD MASTER {master file name} to remove from memory.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If the code that you included is accurate, then it would seem that you're missing a comma.
i.e.

vs
FIELDNAME=STDPROJECT,ALIAS=I0646, USAGE=A4, ACTUAL=A4, $

WebFOCUS 8.2.06 mostly Windows Server

Posts: 195 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: September 13, 2008Report This Post