Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
RA/RG Reports/Data
 Login/Join

posted
So does anyone out there know what the data in RA really means? Because we supposedly ran an average of 30K reports per hour in 4 days. hhhmmm I don't believe it.

Our webservers show ~ 15K per DAY. I'm thinking that WF is counting INCLUDES. Really who cares about the number of includes? If it makes my application look better then I'll start adding an INCLUDE for every define that I have. My numbers would really look good. ;-)

In all seriousness, does anyone have some idea of how to get resonable data from these tables???

i.e.
* Nbr Reports ran Per user
* Wait Time (for agent) per report/request
* Execute Time per Report
* Main Procedure for that request.
* SQL time per request. With SQL executed/mas files used.
* On-line vs Report Caster
* Run Date/Time for all above.
* Format report output was returned in.

Other suggestions.?.?.?

Also has anyone created summary tables on the RA tables that they care to share the schema? Smiler

Thanks for your feedback.

Have used WF 5.x, 7.x w/RC, BID, MR
WAS 5.x/6.x
AIX 5.3.0

Posts: 29 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: October 10, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Do you have access to the i_ra.pdf or i_rg.pdf manuals? They are on the doc CD for WebFOCUS. In one of the appendices, there is a section with descriptions of all the tables and their columns. You can either find the masters or generate synonyms so that you can write your own reports.

You have to play with the masters for awhile to understand the relationships between the tables. The most important ones are SMQUERY, SMFROM, and SMREQSTS. SMQUERY is the one that has the userid, the mode, the run date and time, the elapsed and cpu time. SMFROM contains the actual data source query.

If I were you, I'd start with SMQUERY. The doc has decodes for some of the fields. I don't know if you can get all of the information that you want but you can get a lot of it.

If you have RA, don't the standard reports that come with the product have what you need on them? If not, once you create your own, you can make them available to run on the console.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post