Focal Point
[SOLVED] How to update multiple Report Caster jobs at once

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8707091036

April 15, 2013, 02:46 PM
Winnie
[SOLVED] How to update multiple Report Caster jobs at once
Hello,

I created multiple jobs that are similar. The only difference is the parameter I'm passing in. Is there a way to update a certain property in the jobs (e.g. editing distribution list) behind the scenes so I do not have to go to each job and change the distribution.

I looked at the different tables in Report Caster and I see the column names but I can only create fex file to report those...not sure how to modify.

Any input is appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Winnie

Webfocus 7.7.3
April 15, 2013, 03:37 PM
Rao D
If the report output is exactly same for all the jobs then you can use multiple email addresses to the same schedule. If it is library I think it will take only 1 location.

We have a similar scenario but not on the distribution options, I have created a utility to update the parameter values by updating the underlying BOT tables. May be IBI doesn't recommend touching the BOT tables but the utility works fine for us.

WebFOCUS - ver8201
[ReportingServers: Windows 64bit;
Client: tomcat and IIS on windows 2012
AppStudio

April 16, 2013, 06:50 AM
Alex
If the code you want to update is common to many reports you could put it into a separate FOCEXEC and -INCLUDE it.

WF 7.7.04, WF 8.0.7, Win7, Win8, Linux, UNIX, Excel, PDF
April 16, 2013, 10:05 AM
eric.woerle
All reportcaster Jobs are controlled by the BOT* tables. by inserting records into these tables you could essentially copy your job and create multiple ones without going into reportcaster. I would recommend studying and understanding those tables first before doing so though. I have done the same thing as Rao in the past and it worked well.

I would suggest looking into bursting though. It sounds like you could make that parameter you pass a BY field in the report and then distribute to different lists accordingly.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2
April 16, 2013, 10:44 AM
Winnie
Thank you everyone for the advice. I was able to do my updates on the BOT* tables in our SQL server. It worked well..

Eric, I was looking into bursting but I'm not sure how to set up the job and pass in different parameter in my task. I have multiple tabs for each Report caster job. I tried using the BY field and that didn't work for what I'm doing.

Winnie

Webfocus 7.7.3