Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Report Caster -- "SET DISTRIBUTE=OFF" magically appearing

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Report Caster -- "SET DISTRIBUTE=OFF" magically appearing
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
I have a report that runs perfectly on-demand. It's HTML. But when I deliver it via Report Caster I get

SET DISTRIBUTE=OFF

. . . inserted into the output. That text just appears at the top of the page. It's a very small report, so the line is pretty glaring.

I have searched my entire system for this phrase, and it doesn't appear to exist anywhere.

Anybody have an idea on how to banish this ghost?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
John

is -SET &ECHO=ALL; in the fex by chance. I saw one case on techsupport where that was the case. But with html that would usually show up if you did a view source of the output not in the actual report.

Also when you create a schedule on the properties page there is a drop down for handling No report to distrubute and the default is on error I saw another case where if that was changed to warning that message went away.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I don't have a -SET &ECHO=ALL and I explicitly set it to OFF and it didn't make a difference.

I set the default for no report to distribute to Warning and it didn't fix it either.

Now, it's an interesting report. I run four separate reports and then combine them in an HTMLFORM block at the bottom of the focexec. Gets my appearance just right. So maybe that is setting something off?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I got it! I was missing an HTMLFORM END at the end of the focexec. I had --

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<html>
<body>
<table>
<tr><td>!IBI.FIL.DRIVER_TEST_APPOINTMENTS ;</td><td>!IBI.FIL.CDL_TEST ;</td></tr>
<tr><td height='50px'> </td></tr>
<tr><td>!IBI.FIL.OTHER_APPOINTMENTS ;</td><td>!IBI.FIL.VEHICLE_APPOINTMENTS ;</td></tr>
</body>
</html>

. . . and apparently that set off the alert, in spite of it sending the report. I put -HTMLFORM END at the bottom and the message went away.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Now, I'm going to make this mistake again in the future at some point, and I'm going to find this after I search. I'm going to find my own solution. I can't tell you the number of times I've searched for a problem in these forums, found exactly what I was looking for, only to discover that it was me that started the original thread back in 2006.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Smiler

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
SET DISTRIBUTE=OFF
It is Reportcaster functionality. if it didn't find the output from the task it will set distribution off . and give error or warning. based on the schedule settings.
It may happen sometimes if it didn't recognize the output format or no report to distribute.
One of the user created report with multiple hold file and created final excel report.it was running on-demand but it failed in reportcaster with no report to distribute.
setting the overide the output format to .xls
in the tasks fixed the issue.

WebFOCUS 8.2.04
AIX/UNIX/Windows, All Outputs