Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] Saving Advanced graph output to PowerPoint

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] Saving Advanced graph output to PowerPoint
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I have a series of graphs, some are individual, and some would need to be paired with a report on the same page.

The output for each needs to be in PowerPoint. How do I do this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF 7.7.03, Windows 7, HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 225 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, California | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
To all, FYI, it looks like John has a case opened for this issue.

John, would you kindly keep us posted on the update/solution? Thank you in advance for sharing with all.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Has there an update on this as I want to do the same thing and am on 7.7.03

Windows 7
Excel, AHTML, HTML,PDF

Posts: 41 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: September 14, 2012Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
JohnB,

I would use the Composer. Create a new procedure and when you go to create the name for it change the "Create with:" from Procedure Viewer to Composer. From there you can arrange things on the page like you would with the HTML composer but put your output to powerpoint

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I have done this in the past. First I create a powerpoint templated (just has 1 slide) and place that template in the app directory of where I am creating the Power point report.

I then create a compound document using composer. Change the output format on the propertied to Power poiont and then for Template Name give it the name of the template I put in the app path. I then build the compound document with graphs and or reports. Each page translates to a power point slide when I run the fex.

I have used this in webfocus 7.6.11 and webfocus 8 and it works in both. (skipped 7.7 but same technique should work there)

Crystal

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post