Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] App Studio - Passing group variable column titles in HTML

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] App Studio - Passing group variable column titles in HTML
 Login/Join

posted
Good Afternoon,

I am fairly new to app studio and I haven't had any luck in my search through the documentation for a resolution to my reporting issue.
A procedure was created using the group sort for a double pick list for use in a guided report. The procedure runs the report as expected with the column titles as defined.
The variable is passes as:
&RP_FN01B_Sort1 = 'HOLD1.PART_NO AS 'Part Number'' BY 'HOLD1.CATALOG_PART_DESC AS 'Part Desc''....

Then, when I create the double list box in HTML, the correct titles appear in the list box and it all appears to be working correctly, until I run the report. The column titles revert back to the master hold file Field Name and not the Title name.
This is the variable passes for the group sort in the HTML file:
&RP_FN01B_Sort1 = 'HOLD1.PART_NO' BY 'HOLD1.CATALOG_PART_DESC' BY '......
I'm hoping I've provided enough information for someone to assist me in resolving this matter.
Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lisa Lindquist,

WebFOCUS 8.2.01M3
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 14 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: August 01, 2016Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:

&RP_FN01B_Sort1 = 'HOLD1.PART_NO AS 'Part Number'' BY 'HOLD1.CATALOG_PART_DESC AS 'Part Desc''

From where does the titles (AS 'title') are coming from ?

quote:

The above is what it's returned by the double list box ?
You may need to change your list box to return the values as of the first list with the AS and not only the columns name.
If you do pass only the column's name, the master file title will be displayed per default.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I manually typed in the AS column names in text editor because they populated as the field name from the master hold file and not the Title name as expected.

TABLE FILE HOLD1
SUM
HOLD1.GROUP_BY NOPRINT
HOLD1.VALUE_NO
BY LOWEST &RP_FN01B_Sort1.(BY(,

This is what is returned from the double list box when the HTML has been run. The report shows the column titles as PART_NO, CATALOG_PART_DESC and so on.

When I change the input control values on the HTML to include the AS I receive an error message that the HOLD1.PART_NO AS is not recognized.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

WebFOCUS 8.2.01M3
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Since it seems that you are displaying your report from an HOLD file
quote:
TABLE FILE HOLD1

and assuming that TITLE attribute exist in the original master file used to create the HOLD1 file, you may need to use SET
HOLDATTR to have the titles available

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The HOLDATTR was already SET.

WebFOCUS 8.2.01M3
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Lisa

You might want to try SET ASNAMES=ON at the beginning. This will cause the field names in the hold file to use the names used in the AS.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The SET ASNAMES=ON was already set as well.

WebFOCUS 8.2.01M3
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You might have something else not properly done somewhere.

Please share your code (don't forget to use the code tag)

Using the following it does work as expected. In both sample, the field's TITLE (from the original master file BROKERS) is used:
-* Using SET HOLDATTR = ON
-SET &PRTFLD = 'BROKER_ID BY DEPARTMENT BY BROKER_NAME';
SET HOLDATTR = ON

TABLE FILE BROKERS
PRINT *
ON TABLE HOLD AS HLD_BROKERS
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE HLD_BROKERS
BY LOWEST &PRTFLD
END
-RUN

-* Using FORMAT FOCUS
-SET &PRTFLD = 'BROKER_ID BY DEPARTMENT BY BROKER_NAME';

TABLE FILE BROKERS
PRINT *
ON TABLE HOLD AS HLD_BROKERS FORMAT FOCUS
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE HLD_BROKERS
BY LOWEST &PRTFLD
END
-RUN

In Focus since 2007

posted Hide Post
Thank you to all who replied to my post. I learned that there was an internal issue with the Master file that I was working with. That issue has been resolved and my report is working correctly.
I do have one last request, as this is my first post, how do I close out the post?

WebFOCUS 8.2.01M3
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Edit your first post then in the subject at the beginning add [SOLVED]

In Focus since 2007