Focal Point
[CLOSED] Save results/values for other fexes

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8757062196

April 26, 2019, 09:15 AM
Shingles
[CLOSED] Save results/values for other fexes
Hello,

Suppose I have four panels on a dashboard. Panel A calculates X (as well as some other calculations). Panel B calculates Y (as well as some other calculations). Panel C needs to show X and Y. And the fourth is a filter panel with some drop downs and a submit button (we'll call this panel D). The other three panels update whenever this submit button is clicked and they all respect whatever filters are selected.

Now I really hate using redundant code, so ideally for me, panel C will only update when both A and B run and save the results to some place (global variable or maybe a hold file). And I don't want to create a bunch of extra code to achieve this either. The solution I'm looking for should simplify the coding.

I know this can be done with INCLUDE statements, but this can become spaghetti-ish too but more importantly we end up running the same code/query multiple times (though modular code is great, I get it). I'm trying to write code that won't be hard to maintain, neat and efficient.

Any options out there?

Thank you!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8201, SP 0.1, Windows 7, HTML
April 26, 2019, 11:20 AM
Frans
You can store your results in FOCCACHE. FOCCACHE is a session storage and will be active from login to logout.

I would't drive the redundant code thing too far and try to keep thing transparant and easy.

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.
April 26, 2019, 11:38 AM
Shingles
Thanks for the quick reply... But...

...when the Submit button is hit, how can I control that panel C only uses the values in FOCCACHE after panels A and B were run (and updated the values in FOCCACHE)?

WebFOCUS 8201, SP 0.1, Windows 7, HTML
April 30, 2019, 11:03 AM
FP Mod Chuck
Shingles

I am not sure that is possible you may want to pose that question to techsupport to see if there is a way.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats