Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE OPENED] Trying to display define/compute in dimension view of master file

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE OPENED] Trying to display define/compute in dimension view of master file
 Login/Join

posted
I'm having difficulty creating defines and computes in a synonym that is using a dimension view.

I have a segment (BV_SAFETY_MONITORS_VW) which is based on a SQL server view. It has two fields (sfty_pi_num_lost_time_injury & sfty_pi_num_medical_aid). They are format I11 and contain simple counts.

I have created a Measure Group in the dimension viewer called 'Personal Injury'. I have included the two fields from the main segment. I have created a define called PI_NUM_CLAIMS (title=PI Num Claims & format I11). I drag it under my "Person Injury' measure group and am able to save my synonym (master file).

I then create a reporting object in my content folder called personal_injury using this synonym (master file). In the BI Portal view, I create a new report using InfoAssist. As soon as I try to create a new report, I get an error message that says:

Code: 1109 Type: xFDMinit
Failed to Load Master List

Code: 1109 Type: xFDMinit
Error with master file:

Code: 1108 Type: xFDMinit
Error with master file:

Code: 1067 Type: xFDMinit
(FOC1822) WARNING. INVALID SYMBOL: >MEASURE_GROUP<
0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 39 LINES= 39

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TeePee,

WF 8.0.08

Posts: 19 | Location: Calgary, AB | Registered: July 09, 2014Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Have you done a « Check » on your master file and business view : right click on *.mas and select « Check ». It will verify the validity of the .mas

Also, can you post your mas. It's sure that it's not valid and have an error near : MEASURE_GROUP

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Martin,

Check produces this error:
(FOC03601) ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 94 IN BV_SM_CDN_PROD_LINE_JUST_DIMENSION_VIEW
(FOC1822) WARNING. INVALID SYMBOL: >MEASURE_GROUP<
-----------------------------vvvvvvvvvvvvv
TITLE='PI Num Claims', MEASURE_GROUP=PI,

[1] master file BEFORE dragging define into personal injury (PI) measure group:
FILENAME=for_wf_forum, $
SEGMENT=BV_SAFETY_MONITORS_VW, CRFILE=DW_VIEWS/FACTS/FACT_SAFETY_VW, CRSEGMENT=FACT_SAFETY_VW, CRINCLUDE=ALL, $
FIELDNAME=SFTY_PI_NUM_LOST_TIME_INJURY,
PROPERTY=MEASURE, MEASURE_GROUP=PI, $
FIELDNAME=SFTY_PI_NUM_MEDICAL_AID,
DEFINE PI_NUM_CLAIMS_DEF/I11=SFTY_PI_NUM_LOST_TIME_INJURY + SFTY_PI_NUM_MEDICAL_AID;
TITLE='PI Num Claims', $
SEGMENT=DIM_BRANCH_VW, SEGTYPE=KU, PARENT=BV_SAFETY_MONITORS_VW, CRFILE=DW_VIEWS/DIMENSIONS/DIM_BRANCH_VW, CRINCLUDE=ALL, CRJOINTYPE=INNER,
JOIN_WHERE=BV_SAFETY_MONITORS_VW.BRANCH_KEY EQ DIM_BRANCH_VW.BRANCH_KEY;, $
SEGMENT=SAFETY_BRANCH_CAN_PROD_LINE_VW, SEGTYPE=KU, PARENT=DIM_BRANCH_VW, CRFILE=DW_VIEWS/DIMENSIONS/SAFETY_BRANCH_CAN_PROD_LINE_VW, CRINCLUDE=ALL, CRJOINTYPE=INNER,
JOIN_WHERE=BRN_DEPT_ID EQ RANGE_FROM;, $
SEGMENT=SM_EXCLUSIONS, SEGTYPE=KU, PARENT=SAFETY_BRANCH_CAN_PROD_LINE_VW, CRFILE=DW_VIEWS/SM_HIERARCHY/SM_EXCLUSIONS, CRINCLUDE=ALL, CRJOINTYPE=LEFT_OUTER,
JOIN_WHERE=NODE_LOWEST_LEVEL EQ LOWLVL AND RANGE_FROM EQ DEPTCD;, $
SEGMENT=DIM_DRIVERTYPE_VW, SEGTYPE=KU, PARENT=BV_SAFETY_MONITORS_VW, CRFILE=DW_VIEWS/DIMENSIONS/DIM_DRIVERTYPE_VW, CRINCLUDE=ALL, CRJOINTYPE=INNER,
JOIN_WHERE=BV_SAFETY_MONITORS_VW.DRIVERTYPE_KEY EQ DIM_DRIVERTYPE_VW.DRIVERTYPE_KEY;, $
SEGMENT=DIM_DATE_VW, SEGTYPE=KU, PARENT=BV_SAFETY_MONITORS_VW, CRFILE=DW_VIEWS/DIMENSIONS/DIM_DATE_VW, CRINCLUDE=ALL, CRJOINTYPE=INNER,
JOIN_WHERE=BV_SAFETY_MONITORS_VW.DATE_KEY EQ DIM_DATE_VW.DATE_KEY;, $
SEGMENT=SAFETY_CONSTANT_VW, PARENT=., CRFILE=DW_VIEWS/DIMENSIONS/SAFETY_CONSTANT_VW, CRINCLUDE=ALL, $
SEGMENT=SAFETY_TARGET_VW, PARENT=., CRFILE=DW_VIEWS/DIMENSIONS/SAFETY_TARGET_VW, CRINCLUDE=ALL,
DESCRIPTION='Safety Targets', $
MEASUREGROUP=PI, CAPTION='Persoanl Injury', $

[2] master file AFTER dragging define into personal injury (PI) measure group:
FILENAME=for_wf_forum, $
SEGMENT=BV_SAFETY_MONITORS_VW, CRFILE=DW_VIEWS/FACTS/FACT_SAFETY_VW, CRSEGMENT=FACT_SAFETY_VW, CRINCLUDE=ALL, $
FIELDNAME=SFTY_PI_NUM_LOST_TIME_INJURY,
FIELDNAME=SFTY_PI_NUM_MEDICAL_AID,
DEFINE PI_NUM_CLAIMS_DEF/I11=SFTY_PI_NUM_LOST_TIME_INJURY + SFTY_PI_NUM_MEDICAL_AID;
PROPERTY=MEASURE, $
SEGMENT=DIM_BRANCH_VW, SEGTYPE=KU, PARENT=BV_SAFETY_MONITORS_VW, CRFILE=DW_VIEWS/DIMENSIONS/DIM_BRANCH_VW, CRINCLUDE=ALL, CRJOINTYPE=INNER,
JOIN_WHERE=BV_SAFETY_MONITORS_VW.BRANCH_KEY EQ DIM_BRANCH_VW.BRANCH_KEY;, $
SEGMENT=SAFETY_BRANCH_CAN_PROD_LINE_VW, SEGTYPE=KU, PARENT=DIM_BRANCH_VW, CRFILE=DW_VIEWS/DIMENSIONS/SAFETY_BRANCH_CAN_PROD_LINE_VW, CRINCLUDE=ALL, CRJOINTYPE=INNER,
JOIN_WHERE=BRN_DEPT_ID EQ RANGE_FROM;, $
SEGMENT=SM_EXCLUSIONS, SEGTYPE=KU, PARENT=SAFETY_BRANCH_CAN_PROD_LINE_VW, CRFILE=DW_VIEWS/SM_HIERARCHY/SM_EXCLUSIONS, CRINCLUDE=ALL, CRJOINTYPE=LEFT_OUTER,
JOIN_WHERE=NODE_LOWEST_LEVEL EQ LOWLVL AND RANGE_FROM EQ DEPTCD;, $
SEGMENT=DIM_DRIVERTYPE_VW, SEGTYPE=KU, PARENT=BV_SAFETY_MONITORS_VW, CRFILE=DW_VIEWS/DIMENSIONS/DIM_DRIVERTYPE_VW, CRINCLUDE=ALL, CRJOINTYPE=INNER,
JOIN_WHERE=BV_SAFETY_MONITORS_VW.DRIVERTYPE_KEY EQ DIM_DRIVERTYPE_VW.DRIVERTYPE_KEY;, $
SEGMENT=DIM_DATE_VW, SEGTYPE=KU, PARENT=BV_SAFETY_MONITORS_VW, CRFILE=DW_VIEWS/DIMENSIONS/DIM_DATE_VW, CRINCLUDE=ALL, CRJOINTYPE=INNER,
JOIN_WHERE=BV_SAFETY_MONITORS_VW.DATE_KEY EQ DIM_DATE_VW.DATE_KEY;, $
SEGMENT=SAFETY_CONSTANT_VW, PARENT=., CRFILE=DW_VIEWS/DIMENSIONS/SAFETY_CONSTANT_VW, CRINCLUDE=ALL, $
SEGMENT=SAFETY_TARGET_VW, PARENT=., CRFILE=DW_VIEWS/DIMENSIONS/SAFETY_TARGET_VW, CRINCLUDE=ALL,
DESCRIPTION='Safety Targets', $
MEASUREGROUP=PI, CAPTION='Persoanl Injury', $

WF 8.0.08

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I assume that "wf_for_forum" is "BV_SM_CDN_PROD_LINE_JUST_DIMENSION_VIEW" for which the error is raised and that "master file BEFORE" doesn't have any error once Check is done.

Maybe is not relevant but try this

option 1 change :
 PROPERTY=MEASURE, $

by
 TITLE='PI Num Claims',

which is the way it's coded elsewhere.

option 2 change :
 PROPERTY=MEASURE, $

by

Sometime TITLE may cause an issue.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Martin,

Sorry, I should have stated that I tried both of your suggestions before I posted my last replay with the same effect and error.

I tried moving the MEASURE_GROUP statement and tried removing the TITLE line.

Trevor

WF 8.0.08

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try another thing:

with Synonym Editor (not Text Editor) from the original file (prior to drag into PI group), create a DEFINE in the right level --> PI measure group.

Is that working ?

In Focus since 2007

posted Hide Post
If I right click on the 'Virtual Measures' underneath the 'Personal Injury' measure group, the screen flashes and it creates a COMPUTE1.
If I click on the COMPUTE1 field and then the ellipses to open the EXPRESSION editor, it launches the Compute Calculator.
I can add my two fields for summation and click OK. All of the folders then collapse in the Dimension Builder view. I expand my 'Personal Injury' view again and there is no field underneath the 'Virtual Measures' folder.
I can see my COMPUTE1 field underneath the Constant Defines/Computes folder on the left hand side now.
In the text view, this is the line that was created:
COMPUTE COMPUTE1/D18.2=SFTY_PI_NUM_LOST_TIME_INJURY + SFTY_PI_NUM_MEDICAL_AID;,
PROPERTY=MEASURE, $

WF 8.0.08

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
While in "Synonym Editor", change to "Business View" instead of "Dimension Builder" then you'll be able to move your DEFINES and COMPUTES into the segment you want.

In Focus since 2007

posted Hide Post
Martin,

I have tried that and it works but I lose my OLAP ability and functionality in the report so this isn't an option for me.

Do you have any other suggestions or ideas why this isn't working as intended in the dimension builder?

Thanks,
Trevor

WF 8.0.08

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
As far as I know Dimension Builder has nothing to do with OLAP, it's IBI "naming" for the structure and keep elements where they belong to: DEFINES and COMPUTES goes under Defines and Computes because they are "user defined" attributes: not part of original metadata. And I don't think that you can change that except using BV.

Business View (BV) is a way to create "virtual" OLAP model where you can creates as many (and named as you whish) segments (folders) such as dimension/measures/...

But there is also an IBI connector that can be used to connect to OLAP model (refer to your IBI sales rep).

Remember that a DEFINES/COMPUTES only "exist" on execution of the report so you can't really do OLAP functionalities on them: they don't exist in the data source. Their values are assigned only on execution.

In Focus since 2007

posted Hide Post
I'm doing my defines and computes in the master file so that they are available for use with OLAP. It's just this limitation I'm finding on where I'm allowed to include my defines/computes in my synonym.

Thanks,
Trevor

WF 8.0.08

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I don't think that there is a limitation. It's just that the "Dimension Builder" is not the place where you can move stuff.

Search on WITHIN key word, maybe you'll find interesting info on how you can achieve your need

Here one of the WITHIN link : Dimension using WITHIN

In Focus since 2007

posted Hide Post
I'll give this a look but this code should be getting applied to by define/compute field when I'm dragging it into the dimension view and that's when I start getting my error messages.

TP

WF 8.0.08

posted Hide Post
Nothing I've tried has been successful. I've opened a case (#20363009) with IBI tech support for assistance.

WF 8.0.08