Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Thanks Everyone
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
I’d like to begin by saying I have learned as much from those who have asked the questions as those who answered the questions. Your questions and answers have shown me new ways to approach my coding issues.

But most importantly, I have learned to answer my family, friends and associates questions without sounding like a pompous know-it-all. As I read the responses in the various Focal Point topics, I could not help but think how crude some of the answers sounded as they chastised those who sought information that was in one of the manuals, another Focal Point topic or the techsupport site. I can say this without remorse because I have been guilty of the very same fault. When I read these responses, I began feel like I was looking at myself in the mirror.

So it is my Christmas wish for you (and you know who you are) that you learn to use a bit of kindness and tack when answering questions that would not have been asked if the author of the question had read the manuals or researched the topic on Focal Point or the techsupport site first.

Then there are those of you who have already mastered this social grace. Even when you are chastising someone, you do it in such a way that they actually could learn something instead of feeling as if they have been publicly fronted out. You are the ones I strive to emulate. I commend you and thank you for this gift you have given me.

I hope you all have a very Happy Holiday Season!

Glenda

In FOCUS Since 1990
Production 8.2 Windows

Posts: 301 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: July 07, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the nice words Glenda, but please keep in mind that English is not for all of us our mother language. That makes it sometimes difficult to use "nicer" words.

Happy Holiday Season from the old land....

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Frank,

Point well taken.

Glenda

In FOCUS Since 1990
Production 8.2 Windows

Posts: 301 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: July 07, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Glenda, Frank

I think that we are all lucky to be willing to share and spread our knowledge. You are correct. There is always more than one approach to resolve a problem. May we all be blessed and have have a happy and healthy one.

My own personal thanks to Tony, Francis M., GinnyJakes, Susannah, Kerry, Gerry, and Mark Derwin, and the "oh so many more of you" who have provided a valued service to this Focal Forum.

Keep the support coming....

Ira
wf 536 -- aix 533

aix-533,websphere 5.1.1,apache-2.0,
wf 538(d), 537 (p),
==============
7.6.11 (t) aix 5312
websphere 6.1.19
apache 2.0

Gold member
posted Hide Post
ke this opportunity to thank you all for your contribution to the Focal Point especially the experts. I have worked within a number of Focal groups within my company and have not yet experience the evidence of sharing knowledge and expertise as I have see here.

May I take this chance you wish you all Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Webfocus 7.6.2 on Windows Enterprise 2003 Server and
Webfocus 7.6.2 on HP Unix Server

Posts: 74 | Location: London | Registered: January 28, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This week I'm working on my exit strategy from Company B. Then I'm taking 10 days off for Christmas holidays, visiting the family and rest and relaxation. Then I start a new contract with Company G.

Merry Christmas, and Best Wishes for the New Year.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post