Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] where filter in master file

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] where filter in master file
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All,

I applied a filter in master file (where dt='9999/12/31').
When i try to pull the records from a procedure;all records are getting displayed.

This master file will be directly used for adhoc reporting in InfoAssist and not in procedures.

Is there any way that we could enforce the condition,such that when the master file is selected;the condition will be applied automatically?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
FILTERs created in Master files need to be turned ON in the procedures.
ex SET FILTER name IN Mastername ON

If you have Reporting Objects created for user you can turn these on in the Reports.
Other thing you can do is apply DBA security for a value in the field and leave the USER attribute as blank so it applies to all the users accessing the Master.

thanks
Sashanka

WF 7.7.03/Windows/HTML,PDF,EXL
POC/local Dev Studio 7.7.03 & 7.6.11

posted Hide Post
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
i applied the following code and it works:

DBA=USERD,$ USER = , ACCESS = R, NAME = , RESTRICT = VALUE_WHERE,VALUE = EFF_DT EQ '9999/12/31' ; ,$

Just wanted to know if the USER value is left blank does it apply for all users?

Regards,
Swapnasree

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yes it applies to all the users..unless someone accessing this Master has a SET PASS command issued in the procedure or profile...

thanks
Sashanka

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Severus.snape,

WF 7.7.03/Windows/HTML,PDF,EXL
POC/local Dev Studio 7.7.03 & 7.6.11

posted Hide Post
hi,

I have a new issue now with the master file i created with the DBA security applied on it as in the post above.

I had a TABLE FILE request on the master file, it worked fine for some time( a week).

TABLE FILE masterfile
PRINT *
END

But now i have some User privelege error comingwhen i run the same code( error shown below):

(FOC047) THE USER DOES NOT HAVE SUFFICIENT ACCESS RIGHTS TO THE FILE:
masterfile

Please can someone suggest what could be the problem ?

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I see that the issue has been resolved.
I am having the similar issue. Could you please share your solution.

thanks

WebFOCUS 8202M

Posts: 167 | Location: Montreal | Registered: September 23, 2014Report This Post