Focal Point
[CLOSED] Reducing the column width not the column value length

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8767092986

February 12, 2018, 03:27 PM
srajeevan
[CLOSED] Reducing the column width not the column value length
Hi,

I have a big report which has lots of hold files merged using MORE command.I hold the final hold file after merging in FOCUS format,so that i can apply styling to columns/rows.
I somehow managed to bring all the stylings but when i referene the report in compound document the report is too wide.The output format is PDF and how can i reduce the width of columns(E01,E02 etc) to a particular value.?
I tried using Squeeze,Wrap but it reduces the data length ,i think so.I can good amount of space in the individual columns which if i can reduce,makes the report look good.
Any suggestion?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF8206,Windows 7,8,10
HTM,PDF,EXCEL
February 13, 2018, 04:52 AM
Martin vK
Maybe you can reduce the LEFTGAP and RIGHTGAP?

WebFocus 8206M, iWay DataMigrator, Windows, DB2 Windows V10.5, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, Hyperstage, ReportCaster
February 13, 2018, 07:52 AM
MartinY
Changing the font size could be an option.
Sometime decreasing only from 1 is enough and doesn't make that much difference on the report.

From
TYPE=REPORT, SIZE=10, $
To
TYPE=REPORT, SIZE=9, $

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
February 19, 2018, 01:22 PM
Joanna Swiggett
When the format is PDF, the default spacing between columns is 2. You can change that to 1 using IN +1 like in the code below:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
COUNTRY IN +1
CAR IN +1
MODEL IN +1
WARRANTY IN +1

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
END

I often use this method to get columns to fit on one page with PDF format.

WebFOCUS 8.2.01M