Focal Point
[SOLVED] How to save .js into Content folders that fail to do so:

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8767098676

June 23, 2015, 11:56 AM
CoolGuy
[SOLVED] How to save .js into Content folders that fail to do so:
Hey all!

Does anyone here know where I would go to toggle security settings for allowing me to add my own .js libraries to folders I've created in Content?

I try to copy in .js files and they don't paste. AppStudio reacts as if I never performed the copy/paste functionality.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? Or if it is indeed a security setting somewhere in the Admin Console or Reporting Server Console?

Thanks in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CoolGuy,

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.
June 23, 2015, 04:16 PM
eric.woerle
CoolGuy,

Are you an administrator? If so you should have full privileges. Maybe try going to the Web Client and uploading it there. I know if you right click a folder you should have an option to upload files. If you are not an administrator and you still don't have the ability to do so, you will need to look at the permissions in the Security Center. Look at the settings for the role you have in that Folder.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2
June 23, 2015, 04:35 PM
CoolGuy
eric.woerle,

Thanks for your help with this. I am an admin and have full system access privileges. I went to go retry copying in .js files and if they are my own custom .js, then they do copy in just fine. It is when I try to add in a copy of a newer version of jQuery or some other well known library/framework that AppStudio says no go.

The following are the files that I tried to copy/paste into a Content directory:

jquery-2.1.4.js

and/or

jquery-2.1.4.min.js

Why won't it let me add certain libraries into my Content folders? Weird....

June 23, 2015, 05:38 PM
eric.woerle
I would rename your library. From jquery-2.1.4.js to jquery-2_1_4.js. Remember that in windows "." denotes a file extension. It might be more of a windows problem then a WF problem. I never can understand why anyone names their files with "."'s considering that it has never been an accepted practice.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2
June 23, 2015, 05:50 PM
CoolGuy
eric.woerle,

That worked! Thanks for the insight on the evil "."s that plagued me. Appreciate the help! Will note this for the future.

May 16, 2018, 09:35 AM
Shingles
That helped me too... thank you!

Follow up question... Does WebFOCUS play nice with minified files?

WebFOCUS 8201, SP 0.1, Windows 7, HTML