Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE OPENED] WF8 reportcaster: excel templates

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE OPENED] WF8 reportcaster: excel templates
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hello all,

I've gone through a bunch of documents, help files and posts, but haven't found an answer yet.
I have an excel report which I created in InfoAssist which I'd like to schedule via ReportCaster. (no problems so far)
However, I'd like to add a logo, set print settings, ... (again, no problem: can be done via excel template)

When creating my schedule in RC, I have the option to override the file format with EXL2K TEMPLATE, but I can't specify which template to use... (aha - found my problem)

--> can anyone tell me what I need to do to link my schedule to a template?
(I really want to avoid specifying this directly in the report as that would mean custom coding and thus rendering my report IA-incompatible)

Regards,
Peter

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Peter,

Prod: WebFOCUS 8.0.06 on Win2008/Tomcat7/LDAP Mode
Test: WebFOCUS 8.0.06 on Win2008/Tomcat7/LDAP Mode

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
There are several Report Caster variables that are available to you. The &DSTSCHEDID is the Schedule ID. I use the variable to set other variables in the Focexec when it is run. That way I can use the same Focexec to produce a number of reports with different outputs based on the Caster Job and the &DSTSCHEDID value.

I hope this helps, or was what you were looking for.

WF 8.2.01M, MF MVS 7.6.5

Posts: 29 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: September 10, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Why not parameterise it for yourself and then override your template variable in the settings within Report Caster.

FILEDEF TMPMHT1 DISK TMPMHT1.MHT
-DEFAULT &MyTemplate = 'template1'
ON TABLE HOLD AS TMPMHT1 FORMAT EXL2K TEMPLATE &MyTemplate SHEETNUMBER 1

Not played with this in RC myself for a while, but in theory this should work.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Both solutions would allow me to use the excel template through the use of variables, but both approaches would require me to manually edit the IA-generated fex. (making it IA non-compatible)

Considering the portal allows me to schedule IA-reports witht he excel template option, I'd expect it to be possible to do so without invalidating the IA-reports...

What I don't understand is how the RC-interface shows an excel template option without the possibility to define which template...
(see pic here to illustrate)

Prod: WebFOCUS 8.0.06 on Win2008/Tomcat7/LDAP Mode
Test: WebFOCUS 8.0.06 on Win2008/Tomcat7/LDAP Mode

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
The template formats require that scheduled procedure contain the references to template.
In WebFOCUS 8 we introduced the ability to schedule a procedure without specifying a format in the schedule. The format coded in the procedure is used instead and this is now the default behavior. In doing so we labeled the choosing of a specific format as 'Override the format in the procedure', inadvertently implying that you could pick any format in the list and use that format for the schedule procedure. This is not the case however. The requirements for the template formats have not changed. We will be adding some information to the user interface to indicate that this is the case. It is also possible that we can improve the usability of the template formats by enabling the specification of template information in the schedule. However, this would be a new feature that would be available in a future release.

WebFOCUS All Releases

Posts: 45 | Location: NYC | Registered: September 21, 2007Report This Post