Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Windows to Linux- Help the Newbie

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Windows to Linux- Help the Newbie
 Login/Join

<shislandguy>
posted
Okay, I am trying to test the Linux waters, to guage how hard it would be to break myself of the Windows habit. Virtually no UNIX background (okay, I know how to ls and pwd). I am using Xandros, which has a VERY nice feature, in that it finds Windows boxes on the network.

Here is my first problem- to install the reporting server, according to the manual, I need to run /cdrom/isetup. But the manual assumes that I have mounted the cdrom, but of course, Xandros has already done that for me- I can see the files on the CD, but not run them from the GUI.

I can go to the command line, but I cannot run E:isetup like I can from a dos prompt?

Any ideas?

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I would recommend you get a volume that gives you some insight into the basic LINUX command set. I am not a LINUX/UNIX expert at all, but one of app servers is LINUX. The whole method of the file access is not the same as Windows. Have fun. Sweating

Oh and if you would, please update your signature as to version and platform. Helps when answering as depending on the version, some things can't be 'done'.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Download the WebFOCUS Unix Installation and Configuration Guide for your release and follow the instructions for installing the reporting server. We run WF on an AIX server that is hundreds of miles from my physical location and I have no problems installing the reporting server from a disk location after I've downloaded the software from the IBI web site.

Let me know if you continue to have problems.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Shislandguy,

I can send you a Linux Complete Command Reference. 8.5MB. Let me have your e-mail address (you can see mine on my profile)

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post