Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Webfocus upgrade from 7.1.4 to 7.6.9

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Webfocus upgrade from 7.1.4 to 7.6.9
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,
We are planning to do an upgrade of webfocus from 7.1.4 version to 7.6.9. But I am stuck up with some question related to upgradation. Can you please help me finding out the answer?

1) Currently we are using WAS 6.0 and IHS 6.0, but I think wf 769 need WAS 6.1 and IHS 6.1, so we need to upgrade WAS and IHS before upgrading Webfocus. Is this correct?

2) We are using Oracle authorisation and LDAP authentication. will pointing to the old data repository do the task? Or do we need to create a new repository and then copy from old repository?

3) If I point report caster to the old database repository, will createutil truncate the old information from there? Is there anything to be taken care of while pointing the new webfocus to the old repository?

I have consulted the documentation as well but wanted to discuss these few things on the forum. Hope to get the clarification from the experts.

Thanks,
Deepak

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Regards,

Deepak
WebFOCUS 7.6.11
Redhat Linux 5.5
Excel, pdf, HTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
We have the same configuration as you do.

1. The installation guide will tell you what the prerequisites are. I'd highly recommend that you download it. We are running WAS 6.1

2. I don't know which repository you are talking about. Plus we don't use LDAP authentication. Maybe someone else knows the answer.

3. You don't mention what database you are using for your repository. We went from 5.3 to 7.6 and we had to do a migration. In addition, there are at least two or three new tables. Minimally, there is a utility that just creates the SQL that you can give to your DBA rather than running the one that wipes everything out.

I might also mention that there are one or more 'upgrade considerations' documents available from the IBI site. You might want to search for those.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ginny for the input.

Deepak, all the info can be found on the IBI website:

Supported Web and Application Servers for WebFOCUS

Moving to WebFOCUS/FOCUS Release 7.6: Upgrade/Migration Advisories

WebFOCUS and ReportCaster Installation and Configuration for Windows 7.6.1 & higher (DN: 4500816.0909)

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ginny and Kerry, I am going thru these links for the available information.
Ginny as you asked, We are using Oracle 10g database repository for ReportCaster tables and Oracle 10g repository for Authorisation(MRRealm Repository).

Regards,

Deepak
WebFOCUS 7.6.11
Redhat Linux 5.5
Excel, pdf, HTML