Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] How to pass parameters in the form to Googlemap control

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] How to pass parameters in the form to Googlemap control
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I used HTML Composer to build a form which contains parameters section and reports (2 reports and one google map control) section. It requires users to enter/select parameters first, then click Submit button to pass the parameters to the reports and google map .

From the Submit button, I created hyperlinks for 2 reports, and use external procedures to interpret parameters and generate reports and send reports to target frames in the form, and this works great. You know there is a frame associated with each report in HTML Composer, but there is no such association with a google map control in HTML Composer. I don’t how I can pass the parameters on the form to Google Map. Is this feasible?

I know How to Update the Google Map Based on Data in a Report and How to Update a WebFOCUS Report Based on a Google Map Location and How to Create WebFOCUS Procedures for Google Map.

I am using webfocus 7.7.03 in Windows 7 and Windows 2008 Server environment.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 118 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: June 12, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Wish to have some IBI guys to answer this type of questions. Where‘s the support?

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Frustrated with this type of service! You at least should tell your clients if this is doable or not.

Guru
posted Hide Post
You need to open a ticket with IBI. This forum is not for technical support. I remember reading Filtering WebFOCUS For Google Maps TM4659 but the link appears to dead http://documentation.informati...pdf_wf_76/TM4659.pdf. I would mention this when you open your ticket.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Unix Self-Service/MRE/Report Caster - Outputs Excel, PDF, HTML, Flat Files

Posts: 320 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: February 12, 2008Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I know that and opened a case 3 days ago, but it does not help. Some IBI guys are checking this forum......

Guru
posted Hide Post
While IBI personnel participate in this forum, cases in support should still be addressed. I wanted you to open a case because this is a bit involved in releases before 8.0. But here goes. You need to write the parameter values out to a file and then use -READ in your map layer procedures to read the values in and use them to get the right marker groups to display based on those parameter values. That is the basic idea and it takes a bit of effort to implement properly.

In release 8.0, maps can be included in chains which avoids this method.

David Glick
Director WebFOCUS App Studio
and WebFOCUS Developer Studio
WebFOCUS Division
Information Builders, Inc.
Direct (917) 339-5560
Voice Mail (212) 736-6250 x3560
Fax (212) 947-5168
Email david_glick@ibi.com

Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks for Mighty and David's input on this one.

Lusheng, as stated clearly, this forum is not intended to be used as official technical support, so for any urgent issues and/or involved issues that need intensive investigations, they should be addressed via a case with Customer Support Services. So thanks for understanding and following the standard.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Kerry,

I opened a case with Customer Support for a few weeks already. I did not get any real help yet!!!!!!

Guru
posted Hide Post
I provided the basic idea in a post to you some time ago. Did it not help

David Glick
WebFOCUS Division
Direct (917) 339-5560
Fax (212) 947-5168

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks David for your response.

I tried to save the parameters to the files, then the focexec programs which are generated markers in a google map read parameters from the files; but how can I trigger the focexec programs to be executed after I enter parameters and click submit button? How can I execute the focexec programs from that button click event handler and force the map contents to be refreshed based on the parameter selections?

Guru
posted Hide Post
Please send me an email so I get your email address then I will send you a lab I did at Summit that does this.

David Glick
WebFOCUS Division
Direct (917) 339-5560
Fax (212) 947-5168

Gold member
posted Hide Post
David,

Could you include a link to the Summit lab? I would like to see it also.

Posts: 60 | Location: Ellensburg Washington | Registered: May 22, 2009Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I don't know of a place to post it for access. If you send me a direct email, I'd be happy to send it to you.

David Glick
WebFOCUS Division
Direct (917) 339-5560
Fax (212) 947-5168

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hello David,

I am using five drop downs and a google map I have chained them all together and selections do get reflected in the google map. But selection I make in first drop down doesnot limit the records in the following drop downs. Is it something I am doing wrong or webfocus doesnot allow this.

Thanks & Regards,
Gaurav Tyagi

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs