Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Adding Fonts to WebFOCUS Reporting

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Adding Fonts to WebFOCUS Reporting
 Login/Join

posted
Does IBI allow sites to add fonts. Our company's recommendations is using AGarmond and Myriad Pro which I can't find anywhere in WebFOCUS

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Expert
posted Hide Post
Tom F,

From the IBI website:

quote:
How to add FONTs to FORMAT PDF output?
Case: 81131043 Product: WebFOCUS Release: 436 SP2 Primary OS: UNIX Date: 03/05/05
Case information refers to the Product, Release, and OS for which this question was asked. The solution may apply to other Products, Releases, and Operating Systems.

Problem:

How to add FONTs to FORMAT PDF output?

Solution:

The steps for adding additional PDF fonts are as follows:

1. Copy the test.pfb and the test.afm files to the //ibi/srv51/home/etc
directory. Please note that if using FTP, the PFB file is BINARY while the
AFM file is ASCII.

2. Modify the PDF.FTM file with the following:
font=Helvetica Condensed Light, style=normal, metricsfile=TEST AFM *,
fontfile=TEST PFB *,$

3. Within the stylesheet, the notation would be:
FONT='Helvetica Condensed Light'

An example would be as follows:
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR CAR
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N1, FONT='Helvetica Condensed Light',$
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2, FONT=HELVETICA,$
ENDSTYLE
END

For additional information on this, please see the Creating Reports With
WebFOCUS Language 5.2.0(dn4500513.0303) manual on page 8-10.

quote:

Instructions to setup various fonts can be found in Chapter 9 of the Creating
Reports with WebFOCUS Language, Version
7 Release 1 (DN4500695.0905) which can be retrieved using the URL:

http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/masterinde...rlang/wf71crlang.pdf

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If you are talking about fonts for a PDF you can install post script fonts on your report server and make them available to WebFOCUS.

The font files go in \ibi\srv??\home\etc folder

You add the references to the fonts in PDF.FMP

(Production: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Win 2K/IIS 6/CGI)
(Test: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Win 2K/IIS 6/CGI)

Posts: 104 | Location: Boston | Registered: April 23, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I also responded to a post for this a couple weeks back. To simplify things, I have added an app folder (which is included in the APP PATH) and store all of our custom fonts in this directory along with a copy of the PDF.FMP that has been modified to include references to our new fonts. That way I have access to them as application files instead of having to wade through system directories.
A couple things to remember - these must be Adobe PostScript Type1 fonts which include both .PFB and .AFM files. WF cannot use TrueType fonts, but there are utilities (such as ttf2pt1) to convert them to Type 1 fonts. These work for both .PS and .PDF output.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Darin,

Adding a FOLDER to the APP PATH sounds like a good idea. Because I have them in a system folder my fonts and PDF.FMP file get wiped out every time I upgrade WebFOCUS.

Lenny

(Production: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Win 2K/IIS 6/CGI)
(Test: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Win 2K/IIS 6/CGI)

Posts: 104 | Location: Boston | Registered: April 23, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Just need to make sure that when you upgrade, the font map files (PDF.FMP) is still valid for that version - but it hasn't changed for several versions now.
The manual says they need to be in the system folder, but somewhere along the way, I read that they only need to be in the EDAPATH, so this works good. We also keep our company logos and other images that we put on our reports in this same application folder

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the ideas. At this time, we are not going to persue the process.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Is there any easy way of converting a TTF font to a Type 1 font. I found a utility on the net but it's difficult to use and quite old ?

Posts: 196 | Location: London, UK | Registered: December 06, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Easiest way I've found is the TTF2PT1 utility which may be the one to which you refer. It is a little difficult to figure out at first, but once you get the syntax right for creating your font files, it's the same every time and works pretty slick. I've been using the same tool for probably eight years now. Let me know if you need help figuring out the utility. I think I have a powerpoint on the process.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Many thanks Darin. After a bit of fiddling I got it to work fine, but if you could email me the Powerpoint describing the process that would be great.

Posts: 196 | Location: London, UK | Registered: December 06, 2005Report This Post