Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Error when writing CREATE in DB2

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Error when writing CREATE in DB2
 Login/Join

posted
We are running 7.1 FOCUS on MVS in DB2 v7

we just moved to DB2 V7 over the weekend, and are observing the output below on the CREATE. This wasn't occuring prior to the cutover. I'm trying to determine where the BP0 is getting set, because the Ad-hoc user space in DB2 should be using BP10.
The PROFILE in MVS for FOCUS does not contain any parameter to set this.
Can the individual user ID have such a profile and where would I look?

Your help appreciated
Shawn Mahoney

CREATE FILE KANML

(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS -551 (HEX: FFFFFDD9)

(FOC1413) USER HAS INSUFFICIENT AUTHORITY FOR REQUESTED OPERATION

: DSNT408I SQLCODE = -551, ERROR: HOFFE DOES NOT HAVE THE PRIVILEGE TO

: PERFORM OPERATION CREATE INDEX ON OBJECT BP0

: DSNT418I SQLSTATE = 42501 SQLSTATE RETURN CODE

Posts: 6 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: April 25, 2003Report This Post
<Claudia Holanda>
posted
I can explain what is occurring. You are trying to CREATE a table and chances are in the profile a SQL DB2 SET DBSPACE statement specifies where the table will be created within DB2, however, the INDEX requires another statement:

SQL DB2 SET IXSPACE

Although you do not specifically need to specify which buffer pool to use, it is possible to state which storage group is to be used (storage groups specify a buffer pool):
i.e. SQL DB2 SET IXSPACE USING STOGROUP stgname

Hope that works!

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks, I'll look into this later today.

I appreciate the help
Shawn Mahoney

Posts: 6 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: April 25, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Final trick...
I added the parameter BUFFERPOOL BPxx after
the STOGROUP parameter and it worked. I still
don't know what changed in the DB2 upgrade but this will carry us through without much additional work.
Shawn