Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] NULL value field from a LEFT JOIN

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] NULL value field from a LEFT JOIN
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I am doing a WEBFOCUS report with a LEFT JOIN. Then, I created a virtual define and I need to identify if a field that is NULL (it is in the left file but not in the right file).

I tried using SET NODATA='NONE'
IF field2 = 'P' AND field3 IS MISSING THEN 'P'
ELSE IF field2 = 'P' THEN field5
ELSE field1

thanks,

Vera

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vnf,

WebFOCUS 8.2.0.7,
Application Studio,
Webfocus Info-Assist
iWay Service Manager,
iWay Data Migrator
Windows, All Outputs
IBM DB2/400, MS SQL-Server 2014

Posts: 43 | Registered: September 30, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
RVW_ID/A10 MISSING ON =
     IF LINECNT EQ 14 THEN SUBSTR(140, RPTLINE, 19, 26, 7, 'A10') 
ELSE IF LAST RVW_ID EQ MISSING THEN MISSING
ELSE LAST RVW_ID;

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I tried with MISSING ON in the defined virtual field and it still does not work. I mean I am still getting NULL values for T_CAT_LEVEL (for Type P) in the excel download file.

Does someone knows how to get ride of the NULL value and make it 'P'.

DEFINE FILE H_SLS_DL
T_CAT_LEVEL/A1 MISSING ON=
IF H_SLS_DL.SEG01.ICODE2 EQ 'P' AND J0.DIM_CATEGORY_TYPE.CT_CATEGORY_LEVEL EQ MISSING THEN 'P'
ELSE IF H_SLS_DL.SEG01.ICODE2 EQ 'P' THEN J0.DIM_CATEGORY_TYPE.CT_CATEGORY_LEVEL
ELSE H_SLS_DL.SEG01.ICODE2;
END

WebFOCUS 8.2.0.7,
Application Studio,
Webfocus Info-Assist
iWay Service Manager,
iWay Data Migrator
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
VNF,

If you add H_SLS_DL.SEG01.ICODE2 to the report, what value prints out?

SET NODATA='NONE' is just a mask for output. So if that's what you have set, then you should see NONE populated for the field. If the value is blank, then maybe the field isn't missing but actually blank or a space. You could try checking for that instead.

Also, maybe its worth checking in HTML first too, just for giggles. Just to make sure the output comes out the same.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
thanks Eric.

I tried with space before and some how did not work. I tried it again now and Yes, it was a space. it is fixed now.

WebFOCUS 8.2.0.7,
Application Studio,
Webfocus Info-Assist
iWay Service Manager,
iWay Data Migrator
Windows, All Outputs