Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Error: Cannot execute the request. Please log into Managed Reporting

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Error: Cannot execute the request. Please log into Managed Reporting
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Do anyone know why I am getting this error message "Cannot execute the request. Please log into Managed Reporting" when I run fex within Dev Studio, even though I have already signed in? I am using 716 and windows XP.

WebFOCUS 7.1.6 on Win 2K/IIS 6/ISAPI HTML

Posts: 77 | Location: San Ramon, CA | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I've seen this happen a lot, but only when dev studio and the web based mre are open at the same time and are logged on with the same user id.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I also receive this message quite often, which I cannot understand because I am logged into MRE already. I look forward to seeing more postings on the matter.

Prod: WebFocus 7.7.3 Win 2003
Dev: WebFocus 7.7.3 Win 2003

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I believe it is a time out message..I remember this from previous releases. According to IBI for 5.3 you do the following. I don't know if this correct for current releases

It is defined under the \client53\wfc\etc\enmrchft.def file. Look for the
ERROR_MR_USER_REQUIRED_STD section if you want to change any part of it.

The link points to /workbnch/mrlogon.htm. You can change this to whatever you
want it to point to. However, as a word of caution, please trace this change by
backing it up. Understand, future service packs will overwrite this file.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I've added to this post so the info is out there.

We just had the same/similar issue.

A user was getting the error "Cannot Cannot execute the request. Please log into Managed Reporting", when trying to run something in dashbaord, others did not, in fact it only happened for this user,no matter what PC that she logged onto.

The issue was that she used a Favorite in IE, it somehow killed the cookie, I think.

We ended up deleting the favorite, and recreating it. All now works OK.

Certainly an interesting one. Confused

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Waz's last post jogged something from the back of my memory on this issue. We had this occur frequently after switching to a new server. Turned out that even though we had DNS entries set up correctly so references to the old server name would still find their way home, it caused this issue for Dashboard, drill-downs sometimes and a couple other occasions. Seems like if I tried to Log in to the dashboard using oldibiserver.com it would log me in ok, but if any reports (for drill down or subsequent run in dashboard) specified a URL containing the newibiserver.com, it would ask me to log in to MRE again. Yeah, I know that defeats the purpose of using DNS names! Once I got everything synched up using only a single server name (either the old or the new one - but if you're changing them might as well be the new one) then the problem went away. Never did get around to reporting that one to see if the could fix it.

So changing the URL in the favorite would basically accomplish the same thing by updating it to the new server name.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post