Focal Point
[CLOSED] Banner and webfocus users

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8837046886

December 14, 2017, 07:44 AM
djackson
[CLOSED] Banner and webfocus users
Hi,

Just curious if there are any higher ed schools on this forum that are using banner (I'm currently using the finance module) and webfocus reporting objects? We are getting ready to push out reporting object functionality to our advanced users and would appreciate any suggestions/feedback that might be offered. i.e., are you using object access views to write your reporting objects, using the filter component, where statements in the where component or where statements in the report component? How is the response time, in both the area of parameters loading and then run time? Have your users embraced this and moved forward producing their own reports? I would really appreciate any feedback that might be provided. Thanks in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Dev Studio 8.1.0.4, App Studio 8.1.5m, Reporting Server 8.1.4, InfoAssist, Active Technologies, Windows 2003 Server, Windows7
December 14, 2017, 08:35 AM
BabakNYC
Do you have ODS or are you going against the Banner tables?

I believe there's a Higher Ed user group. Your IB rep might be able to put you in touch with them.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
December 15, 2017, 09:48 AM
djackson
No ODS, we're going against banner tables and also using delivered object access views. Thanks for your response on this... and yes, I thought there was a higher ed group so will pursue with rep.

Dev Studio 8.1.0.4, App Studio 8.1.5m, Reporting Server 8.1.4, InfoAssist, Active Technologies, Windows 2003 Server, Windows7
December 15, 2017, 02:34 PM
MathematicalRob
Hello djackson,

Using Banner, yes. WebFocus reporting objects - no. Would be interested to hear what you come up with! We have made some attempts in the past, but always revert to using paramaterized reports.

- Rob

WebFocus 8201m on Windows; App Studio 8201; Procedures: WebFocus with SQL; HTML Parameter Pages & Dashboard; Output: Excel, HTML, & PDF.