Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Active Reporting times out

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Active Reporting times out
 Login/Join

posted
I have a report that I would like to add active reporting to which I did by adding a A infront of HTML on the ON TABLE statement.

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT AHTML
ON TABLE SET STYLE *

However when I run the report it times out and I get a blank screen. It will only run when I set a RECORDLIMIT EQ 50 plus or minus a few records. Does anyone know how to get the report to run with a larger volume of records? I should be able to retrieve more than 50 and have active reporting enabled.

Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF 7.6.4
MS Office 2003

Expert
posted Hide Post
So, The ONLY thing you changed is "HTML" to "AHTML", right?

How many records, lines in your report?

Can you duplicate the issue with the CAR or EMPLOYEE file, or any other IBI Supplied / common file?

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
A couple things are in play here. First, AHTML output is not available on a WF server unless you have purchased a license key for the Active Reports option. You can develop those reports in DevStudio, but you can't deploy them to the server. They will not run. Also, because Active Reports has to send ALL of the data back to the browser as a dataset for processing using Javascript, the quantity of data becomes an issue. I know that IBI is working to increase the limits, but there was about a 5000 record limit. Again, that will depend on data quantity - if you are returning 50 records with 500 columns each, you've still got a problem.

Doug's suggestion to try AHTML with the CAR file is a good starting point. If it still does not work, you've got a licensing issue or some other network problem. If it does work, then it's purely an issue with data quantity. I don't believe AHTML has ever worked very well for very large data sets.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks Darin,
quote:
purchased a license key for the Active Reports option
I wasn't sure about that...

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the respones. We do currently have a licence key for the Active Reports option. I believe the issue is after talking with some associates here is that I need to be running the data extract on the server side and not the client side (my pc) using the FOC CACHE option. However I can't find any info under the help option in Devl studio. Any ideas or thoughts about how to use FOC CACHE? I do have another report that retrieves over 800 records so I'm not sure why that one works and this one doesn't.

WF 7.6.4
MS Office 2003

Expert
posted Hide Post
FOCCACHE was a 7.6.5 feature.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
GinnyJakes - So you're saying that since I'm running 7.6.4 the FOC CACHE option is not available? Or it's not available at all anymore? Thanks.

WF 7.6.4
MS Office 2003

Expert
posted Hide Post
FOCCACHE is not available in your release. I'm sorry. It is a great feature.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I fixed the issue by reducing the number of fields on the report.

Does anyone know if there is a way to wrap a lengthy field on an Active report? For example if a field is very long in the data source you have to scroll left to right. When you remove active reporting it displays much better in multiple lines for that field and you don't need to scroll however I would like to have the active reporting feature enabled. I tried all the options in the GUI with no success. Thanks in advance!

WF 7.6.4
MS Office 2003

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I think IBI has developed the feature to WRAP the AHTML columns in 7.9 version.

Regards,
Cyril Joy.

WF Production 8008 on Linux.

Posts: 143 | Location: Rochester,NY. | Registered: August 20, 2004Report This Post