Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     DIALOGUE MANAGER -READ FAILED

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
DIALOGUE MANAGER -READ FAILED
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I have recently upgraded to 7.703 and I beleive I installed everything correctly but am not sure... When I went to run a report, it seems it was unable to create hold file. The error Message looked like the following:

Your request did not return any output to display.
Possible causes:
- No data rows matched the specified selection criteria.
- Output was directed to a destination such as a file or printer.
- An error occurred during the parsing or running of the request.

CURRENTLY DEFINED & VARIABLES STARTING WITH 'STATE':
&STATE = MD
&STATECODELIS>= MD
ENGINE SQLORA SET VARCHAR OFF
ENGINE SQLORA SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION yprd
SQL SQLORA PREPARE monthdates FOR
SELECT MIN(dd.date_id) START1, MAX(dd.date_id) END1, dd.fiscal_yr, dd.fiscal_month
from bh.date_dim dd
where fiscal_month = (SELECT fiscal_month
FROM bh.date_dim WHERE date_id=to_date(sysdate - 27)) AND
fiscal_yr = (SELECT fiscal_yr
FROM bh.date_dim WHERE date_id=to_date(sysdate - 27))
GROUP BY dd.fiscal_month, dd.fiscal_yr;
END
TABLE FILE monthdates
PRINT START1 END1
ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD4 FORMAT ALPHA
END
(FOC1354) ACCESS FILE RECORD ABSENT, WRONG OR INCOMPLETE FOR SEGMENT :
monthdates
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 32 IN PROCEDURE mi127_allstate_rep
(FOC339) DIALOGUE MANAGER -READ FAILED: CHECK FILEDEF OR ALLOCATION FOR: -READ
HOLD4,&YEAR

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Did this work before? Where in the Sql Statement is it being held as monthdates?

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yea, we copyied this report down from our production server, where it worked fine and ran it in the new test server which had just been updated to 7703, I don't know where it is being held but it worked fine in production

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Charles,

This is the main error message:
(FOC1354) ACCESS FILE RECORD ABSENT, WRONG OR INCOMPLETE FOR SEGMENT : monthdates

Make sure all the Master files(.mas) AND Access files(.acx) are there. The error states the .acx file is missing, wrong or incomplete...

Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
How do I make sure those files are there? do I copy them over from production or how do I transfer them/find them?

Update:

I tried to copy and replace the .mas file and the .acx files from production to the new test server and it still filed, could it be a premission error or some thing i didn't do properly in intalling 7703?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charles Richards,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Charles,
There s/b an Access/Master file for date_dim somewhere in the Application path:

? PATH
-EXIT

Put that at the top and it will list the application path(s). Maybe, just remove the bh., or, you've lost access to this file?

Tom

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
i got this when i ran that:

Your request did not return any output to display.
Possible causes:
- No data rows matched the specified selection criteria.
- Output was directed to a destination such as a file or printer.
- An error occurred during the parsing or running of the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BASEAPP = /home/webfocus/ibi/apps/baseapp:
APPPATH = /home/webfocus/ibi/apps/bkuntz:
/home/webfocus/ibi/srv77/wfs/edatemp/foccache/ip003186010:
/home/webfocus/ibi/apps/production:
/home/webfocus/ibi/apps/triceps:
/home/webfocus/ibi/apps/cams:
/home/webfocus/ibi/apps/hr_development:
/home/webfocus/ibi/apps/development:
/home/webfocus/ibi/apps/samples:
/home/webfocus/ibi/apps/samples/baseapp:
/home/webfocus/ibi/apps/samples/bkuntz:
/home/webfocus/ibi/apps/samples/development:
/home/webfocus/ibi/apps/samples/ibinccde:
/home/webfocus/ibi/apps/samples/ibinccen:
/home/webfocus/ibi/apps/samples/ibincces:
/home/webfocus/ibi/apps/samples/ibinccfr:
/home/webfocus/ibi/apps/samples/ibisamp:
/home/webfocus/ibi/apps/samples/jjenning:
/home/webfocus/ibi/apps/trade_show:
/home/webfocus/ibi/apps/baseapp:
/home/webfocus/ibi/apps/lmorton:
/home/webfocus/ibi/apps/ibi_development:
/home/webfocus/ibi/apps/ibisamp:

where would it be located?

do you think it has to do with a jdbc drive not being installed?

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
No, you have lost access to bh.date_dim. There is no data coming from there.
Try this and see if you get any records, We "never" use mixed case:

SQL SQLORA PREPARE MONTHDATES FOR
SELECT MIN(dd.date_id) START1, MAX(dd.date_id) END1, dd.fiscal_yr, dd.fiscal_month
from bh.date_dim dd
where fiscal_month = (SELECT fiscal_month
FROM bh.date_dim WHERE date_id=to_date(sysdate - 27)) AND
fiscal_yr = (SELECT fiscal_yr
FROM bh.date_dim WHERE date_id=to_date(sysdate - 27))
GROUP BY dd.fiscal_month, dd.fiscal_yr;
END
TABLE FILE MONTHDATES
SUM
  CNT.FISCAL_YR
END
-EXIT

See if you get a count(shouldn't the order be Year, Month?)...

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Expert
posted Hide Post
I didn't see that you edited a previous post about copying and pasting to a new test server. You need the ORACLE adapter on the test server pointing there(yprd), the TNSNAMES file pointing there, etc.

You need to talk with your administrator...

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
To find out for sure if and if so where the srver can reach the file, you could issue these commands:
WHENCE BH MASTER
WHENCE BH ACCESS
This will show you if the file(s) can be found and where they are found.
Please note, that the master and access file have to reside in the same (app) folder.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi

77 has a new feature which by default does not allow you to seperate the master files and acx files in different apps (folders)
if this is the case you can add in edasprof.prf:

A new setting has been added for Master and Access File locations. METALOCATION_SAME determines whether those files must be in the same directory. The syntax is:

APP SET METALOCATION_SAME {ON|OFF}
ON
Requires that Master and Access Files be in the same directory. This is the default.

OFF
Allows Master and Access Files to be in different directories.

Yours,
Eran
SRL Products

http://www.srl.co.il

Posts: 97 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: November 20, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Tom, i ran that code above and got a count and the results are below

FISCAL_YR
COUNT

I believe everything is pointing to the proper place, but im not sure, How would I check to see if it is all correcting set up?

For the WHENCE BH MASTER command and the WHENCE BH ACCESS command, Do i simply put those commands at the top of the .fex file and run it, how do i use the commands to locate the files?

Lastly, edasprof.prf, Where is this file located? Is it better just to turn it off, so then it can find it where ever it may be, most of the reports though are in the procdure folder under an app and the master files are in the master folder in the same directory as the procedure folder.

I am a new webfocus admin and I am trying to learn the ins and outs of everything, Thank you so much for your help!

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yes, put the WHENCE commands at the top in a fex, followed by -EXIT and run the fex.
The result is a page with either the location of the file(s) or an error message stating that the file could not be found.
The edasprof.prf file is a file that can be accessed through the webconsole of the server, or manually by editing it from the location D:\ibi\srv77\wfs\etc (in my case). So wherever the server is installed, followed by /wfs/etc.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
With code like yours, it appears you do not want to use the WebFOCUS metadata (mas and acx), but want to run the SQL directly via the Oracle data adapter.

Please try the following code in a fex:

SQL SQLORA
SELECT *
FROM BH.DATE_DIM DD
WHERE ROWNUM < 6
END

SQL SQLORA does not use the WebFOCUS metadata.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
After I showed a coworker this forum, he looked into and was able to show me what the problem was... but we don't know what is causing it or how to fix it so hopefully someone else will know,

It turns out that for some reason the dates running in the new server are getting 9 zeros added to the end of them

test (7.703)server:
prodution(6.9.1)

Does anyone know why this may be occuring? does it have to do with the java version? or maybe the adapter, I do not know, Any Ideas?

all reprots that run referencing this table for the date will all not work...

thanks for all the help so far!!

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Did you try my code to verify that it has nothing to do with the metadata?

Did you compare your WebFOCUS Reporting server profiles (edasprof.prf)? Sometime, certain database behaviourial settings can be set in this file which are subsequently used for every data retrieval request (eg. ENGINE SQLORA SET VARCHAR OFF). Perhaps some setting is changing the behaviour of your dates. Are both the old and new WebFOCUS environments pointing to the same database?

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
where is the edasprof.prf located?

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Looks like you have some reading to do. How was a new environment set up without knowing where things are?

The edasprof.prf file can be viewed and edited from the WebFOCUS Reporting Server Console and you should know the URL to that.

Do you have the WebFOCUS Home URL? Usually http://server-name:[port]/ibi_apps/homepage.jsp

You can access most WebFOCUS components from the home page. In some environments, the WebFOCUS Reporting Server Console is not shown in the home page, see your WebFOCUS Admin for it.

Francis