Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE OPENED] using SET HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE OPENED] using SET HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hello,

I am trying to get away from using an excel macro in WF 8.2.0.2m (because I can't get it to work at this time), and am trying something I haven't done before with the HTMLFORMTYPE parameter.

Now this works when I run it locally on my machine, but our customer will be running the job through their UI.

We use Java RESTful services to pass the parameters from the UI over to Report Caster.

The report is put into the library and then retrieved by clicking an icon on the UI to see the output.

The problem I am having is that I thought the report should have been set to EXL2K, but that doesn't seem to be working when I run the job through our user interface.

When I run the report locally and it finishes I get a pop up box that is saying What do you want to do with WFServlet.xls? and the usual Open - Save - Save as are the options, and I open it. On that same pop up it says Type: Microsoft Excel 2003 so I figured I would pass EXL2K as the format but that doesn't seem to be working.

When I go into the library and right click the folder to see all versions, it says it is that type (EXL2K) but the size is 0 and it can't open it.

Does anyone know if I need an older type of Excel to send via RESTful services? I tried using HTML, EXL2K, and EXL07, none of those worked.

I am in the process of getting from the guys who wrote the RESTful services piece here, just what values are set. I realized when I tried EXCEL as an option that wasn't one that was set in our system.

Once open in Excel, in the pane at the very top in excel it shows WFServlet.ibfs and the tab is showing WFServlet as the name.

Below is the code from the CAR file, for example:

SET PAGE-NUM=NOPAGE
-SET SHOWBLANKS=ON
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR AS 'Car'
MODEL AS 'Model'
SEATS AS 'Seats'
DEALER_COST AS 'Dealer Cost'
RETAIL_COST AS 'Retail Cost'
SALES AS 'Sales'
LENGTH AS 'Length'
WIDTH AS 'Width'
HEIGHT AS 'Height'

COMPUTE SPACE1/A10='          ';       AS ''
COMPUTE ROW_NUMBER/D20.2=0; NOPRINT
COMPUTE ROW_NUMBERX/D20.2=ROW_NUMBER + 3; NOPRINT
COMPUTE ROW_NUMBERY/A20=EDIT(ROW_NUMBERX); NOPRINT
COMPUTE RN_TRIM/A5=TRIM('L',ROW_NUMBERY,20,'0',1,RN_TRIM); NOPRINT
COMPUTE KONKAT/A1200='=CONCATENATE(A3,B3,C3,D3,E3,F3,G3,H3,I3)'; AS ''

BY CAR NOPRINT
BY MODEL NOPRINT

HEADING
"Car Test"
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE HOLD AS REP001 FORMAT HTMTABLE
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
 UNITS=IN, SQUEEZE=ON, GRID=ON,$
TYPE=HEADING,HEADALIGN=BODY,JUSTIFY=CENTER,COLSPAN=9,$
TYPE=DATA,COLUMN=KONKAT,JUSTIFY=LEFT,WRAP=OFF,$
TYPE=TITLE,CLASS=rotate,$
TYPE=DATA,CLASS=border,$
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

SET HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS
-RUN
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<STYLE>
.border
{
font-size:9pt;
font-family: Arial;
text-align:center;
mso-number-format:"\@";
}

.rotate
{
mso-rotate:90;
vertical-align:center;
height:auto;
font-weight: bold;
text-align: center;
}
</STYLE>
<BODY>
!IBI.FIL.REP001;
</BODY>
-HTMLFORM END
-EXIT

Java Restful services is working for all of our output types except this job, so it must be something I have set wrong.

Let me know if I need to send more information.

Thanks,

Paul

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Java Restful services is working for all of our output types except this job

Do you have other that use HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS and that work fine ? If so, compare.

Have you check what is the redirection settings for xls ? Maybe something to look at.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
MartinY,

Thanks for responding.

We do not have any other reports that use HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS

We do have a few that are set to HTMLFORMTYPE=DOC and those work, as we set the format type to DOC, and that is passed.

Can you elaborate on your other question please about redirection for xls and where to find that, thanks.

Paul

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Open the client Administration Console and then got to Redirection Settings and look at the "xls" settings.

You may have to play with the settings before you get to the right one.
It may not solve your issue, but it's an option to look at.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
MartinY,

Thanks again for your comments.

I checked this setting and for our environments, both 8.0.0.7 and 8.2.0.2m and the redirect setting is the same for them.

I can actually run the report as is in 8.0.0.7 and get it to open up in excel, but it doesn't work for 8.2.0.2m

So I guess there must be another issue with 8.2.0.2m causing it not to work as it did before.

I currently have a case open with IBI concerning this same report because 8.2.0.2m won't create a macro enabled worksheet either when run through REST services.

I tried to get away from the macro by doing the report the way I show above, but again, 8.2.0.2m is not working for that correctly either.

I guess I just continue working with IBI on my current open case concerning their REST services for the 8.2.0.2m version.

Thanks for your help.

Paul

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Paul

Please post the resolution to your case so others can benefit from the answer.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I certainly will when the case has been resolved.

I will close this thread after I put that information here.

Thanks.

Paul

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs