Focal Point
[SOLVED] Passing Variables imbedded HTML to std focexec fex

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8857087695

January 11, 2011, 12:38 PM
JSJohnson
[SOLVED] Passing Variables imbedded HTML to std focexec fex
So i created an HTML form page between the -HTML BEGIN and end tags and created it using the HTML by linking the submit button in the html painter to the page it would submit to so that it would pickup the variables for me. Everything worked great you could enter information on the form and submit and the next page would work perfectly pulling in the passed variables. Next day after no code changes.. the form doesn't appear to pass the variables anymore. you can enter the information and click submit then the i get the std autoprompt that comes up looking for input variable data as if nothing was passed. Id say i accidently changed something but i did 5 page forms this way and they all worked and now they don't with no code change no version change on the server just a new day.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
Unix
ALL
January 11, 2011, 03:49 PM
JSJohnson
I've been experimenting all afternoon and it appears to be tied to me renaming the name or the unique identifier on the input field properties in HTML editor. My suspicions is the unique identifier field is the culprit and that you can change the name field.

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
Unix
ALL
January 11, 2011, 04:02 PM
T.Peters
In the HTML Builder, what do you link to those parameters? At the bottom of the main page, there should be a PARAMETERS tab that you can click. Make sure all of your parameters are linked to a control on your page.

WebFOCUS: 7702
O/S : Windows
Data Migrator: 7702
January 11, 2011, 04:15 PM
JSJohnson
Well silly me i finally figured out. It was none of the above. when creating a form using the html painter my html was not defaulting to set focus to the first field (i arranged on the page) so i added a body tag
onload="document.form1.CopyBook.focus()

if i remove this it passes variables just fine but with no focus to the copybook field in the form1. Put it back and the form defaults to focus on the copybook field and when i click save the fex i am posting too gives me the default parameter input page like nothing was passed. wierd but i'm glad i figured it out.

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
Unix
ALL