Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     An error has been detected during server to client data transfer.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
An error has been detected during server to client data transfer.
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, I am a new member and I am getting the following error.
An error has been detected during server to client data transfer.
ERROR: -12: Pcb2.: java.io.EOFException

I have read that others have gotten this error as well, but I was not clear on the exact cause. It happens when one additional variable is added to a focexec that causes an addition column of data to be retrieved. I also read in previous forums that this error may be related to the size of the retrieved file. Could changing the WF_DATATRANSFER variable in the client settings address this problem?

Posts: 28 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: July 11, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Where do you find WF_DATATRANSFER? Is this a setting in one of the WFS files? I checked the search on the IBI web site and it came up empty for WF_DATATRANSFER.

Which release are you on?

We are looking to solve this problem, too.

Thanks. Suzy

Posts: 124 | Location: Lebanon, New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry about that the name is WF_DATATRANSFER_SIZE

Allen

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Allen

I wonder what it really means....

I found some doc on THIS web site using the string WF_DATATRANSFER, but not on IBI's web site. I wonder why they have TWO documentation sites--that appear to work differently!

Suzy

Posts: 124 | Location: Lebanon, New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope this is not one of those issues that everyone gets at some time, but there is no answer?

Allen

Expert
posted Hide Post
This setting is modifiable from the Admin Console.

http://localhost/ibi_html/wfconsole.htm?user=admin

Click on Configuration > Client Settings > Performance.

The help on this setting states:
quote:
WF_DATATRANSFER_SIZE

Sets the amount of data (in MBs) that is sent per request. For example, if the file is 6 MBs and the WF_DATATRANSFER_SIZE is 3, two requests are sent, each with half of the data.

If the variable is not specified or is equal or less than 0, no restrictions are enforced. This is used by Developer Studio when sending files to the approot directory.

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Allen,

Did Francis' suggestion help you with this issue?

You may also want to try re-setting the time-out period as suggested in this post:

Error message
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/
m/9771018331/r/9771018331

From my research on this error message, it looks like the -12 error message is relatively generic. It can happen in various situations. If you would like to know exactly why this error happens in your case, it would be better to contact Information Builder's Technical Support Help Desk for further assistance. Please provide as much detailed information as possible such as what product you are using, what release, what kind of format, and maybe even what the code is (i.e. DEFINE, COMPUTE, JOIN, or others), etc. To contact Tech Support Help Desk, you can either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access the online system InfoResponse at http://techsupport.ibi.com.

Hope this helps. Big Grin

Cheers,

Kerry

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
<DocServices>
posted
Hi Suzy,

Information Builders provides the Technical Documentation Library --a single, central documentation repository from which users can:

• Order print manuals or documentation CDs.
  • Preview a manual's table of contents in PDF format.

Users with an Information Builders InfoResponse account can:

• Browse a complete list of all Information Builders technical manuals (by title).
  • Search across all documentation categories to select from a specific collection (e.g., search by title, by release, by product line, by product name, by keyword).
  • View a particular manual in HTML format.
  • View and download a particular manual in PDF format.
  • View a specific topic-component from a particular manual.

Users can access the Technical Documentation Library via the following Web sites:

Since some users do not typically login into InfoResponse first, we offer a subsection of the Technical Documentation Library here on Focal Point. This subsection allows for Focal Point users to quickly search for topics within our technical documentation without having to login to InfoResponse or jump to the Technical Documentation Library Web site.

In response to recent feedback, we are currently working with the Focal Point moderators to more clearly define our links to Information Builders technical documentation to make it quick and easy for users to access and locate the technical documentation they need.

If you have any questions and/or feedback regarding the Technical Documentation Library, or any aspect of our technical documentation, please contact us at
books_info@ibi.com

Regards,
Jennifer

Report This Post