Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Where is the documentation for WebFOCUS 8?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Where is the documentation for WebFOCUS 8?
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
When I click on the "Visit the WebFOCUS Technical Library" link from the URL http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/, I get sent to a page that has quick links to WebFOCUS 7.7.03 - no v7.7.05 and no v8. How do I get to those?

Thanks,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
They don't want you to know..... Music

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Smiler I found the v7.7.05 versions here: WebFOCUS 7.7.x Documentation. I'd really like to read something on WF 8, perhaps a New Features doc... If only to read about how MRE fexes are stored as blobs in a database...

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Still wondering... Music

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I see the link to the webfocus 8 documentation as soon as I log on to tech support under the "whats hot" section and Product Announcemnets. I wonder if you only get those links if you have 8.

Crystal

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
After logging in to Tech Support, I see "WebFOCUS 8.0.01M is Production!" under What's Hot and "WebFOCUS Release Information for 8.0.01M" under Product Announcements.

These links take me to SOME documentation, e.g. Summary of New Features, Tools Consolidation, Deprecation Statement, etc. I still haven't found what I'm looking for, i.e. MRE Administration.

Francis

Master
posted Hide Post
Francis,

I actually just asked tech support about the documentation for 8 earlier today. From what I was told, since 8.0.01M is not GA yet, they haven't posted the WF 8 documentation. It was suggested that I could get to the 8 help files by installing the product (Not what I want to do at the moment as I am still evaluating whether now/soon is the correct time to move). It might be something that you could ask your IBI Representative for though. The person I was talking to wasn't sure about the best way to get the information, opened a case, and is going to get back to me. I can update you when I hear something back.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks Eric.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eric.woerle:
From what I was told, since 8.0.01M is not GA yet, they haven't posted the WF 8 documentation. It was suggested that I could get to the 8 help files by installing the product (Not what I want to do at the moment as I am still evaluating whether now/soon is the correct time to move).

ROFL, this is precisely the kind of reaction from IBI that makes me wonder how in heavens they manage to get an award for their tech support. Or is it some kind of comedy-award?

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
<Emily Duensing>
posted
If you or your company is part of the early adopter program for WebFOCUS 8, you have access to the WebFOCUS Information Center, which has versions of all the doc for release 8, in the current (in flux) state. However, if you are not part of the early adopter program, doc is not made available until release 8 goes GA (General Availability).

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Emily, thanks for the explanation. it would be good to have a detailed Summary of New Features available, describing the "upwards of 1,000 new features and product enhancements"...

Francis

Master
posted Hide Post
Hi Francis,

Emily is correct on the early adopter program. WebFOCUS release 8 is a significant technological improvement to the product and requires careful consideration when moving to it from earlier releases. Existing customers who may be interested in migrating to Release 8, should contact their local account team to start the process and obtain software download information.

However, I'll inquire with our product division regarding a WebFOCUS 8 Summary of New Features. I agree that it would be extremely helpful to have available now.

Sincerely,

Kathleen Butler
Information Builders

Posts: 391 | Location: New York | Registered: September 20, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
ted February 13, 2013 04:23 PM

there they are : http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/wf8x.asp

Webfocus 7.7

Expert
posted Hide Post
When I asked back on Feb 05, 2013, the documentation was under lock and key.

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunkkaran:
quote:
ted February 13, 2013 04:23 PM

there they are : http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/wf8x.asp

... Which is labelled "WebFOCUS 8.0.03 and 8.0.02 Documentation". What about 8.0.07?

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
<Kathryn Henning>
posted
Hi All,

For current WebFOCUS 8 documentation, please go to WebFOCUS Release 8 Technical Library. This will give you the HTML version. For some areas, such as Business Intelligence Portal, there is also a PDF version available. Expand the area that you're interested in (such as InfoAssist). At the bottom of many of these expanded areas, you'll see 'Launch PDF'. Click on the link, and the PDF version of the manual will open in the right pane. It may take a little while to load, so please be patient. Smiler

Cheers!

Kathryn

Report This Post