Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] BIP question

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] BIP question
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hello

I have BI Portal with 6 tabs and global filter options. But I want global filter only applied to 3 tabs. How can I stop that filter panel from displaying when those 3 tabs are clicked?

Please suggest.

Thank you

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF 8.2.01 APP STUDIO
PDF,HTML,EXL2K,Active

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
BI_Developer,

When you say global filtering you mean filtering that works on all pages in your portal container right?

How were your filters implemented and tied to your portal container?

Are you looking for a way for your filters to collapse out of view after selections are made from them?

In regards to them only working on 3 of x pages you may have, you'll have to create page level filtering that works per page vs filters you may have dropped into a portal container banner area (since you're on 8105).

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolGuy:
BI_Developer,

When you say global filtering you mean filtering that works on all pages in your portal container right?

How were your filters implemented and tied to your portal container?

Are you looking for a way for your filters to collapse out of view after selections are made from them?

In regards to them only working on 3 of x pages you may have, you'll have to create page level filtering that works per page vs filters you may have dropped into a portal container banner area (since you're on 8105).

Yes, filtering that works on all pages. There is a separate HTML page built with filters only and a Submit button. Its appearing on all pages of BI Portal.
I am trying to find out how it is attached to the portal but having difficult time. When I try to open that page in HTML composer, I get a message saying its developed to be used inside of a BI Portal. Can you let me know how this is done?

I agree with you that global filters apply to all pages and if its not required on any page, then global filters should be removed and page level filters should be applied.
I am on 8201. Sorry about old signature.

WF 8.2.01 APP STUDIO
PDF,HTML,EXL2K,Active

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What you're describing is a feature of Tasks and Animations that allows you to pass the parameters you're populating to the Portal page and refresh it using those parameters. Under Tasks and Animations/Requests/Actions there's a drop down that has Refresh. That could apply to the current page or all pages in the BI Portal. When you use this feature, you no longer have to pick a specific chart or report to run. The whole page will refresh and any chart or report on that page will use the new parameter you've selected. The limitation is that it will only work in the portal. That's why you're getting the message saying it's developed to be used inside the BI Portal. See below:

https://webfocusinfocenter.inf...l_task_animation.htm

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BabakNYC,

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Agree with BabakNYC. You can specify the scope of those filters you've created as detailed in the link he's shared with you.

Once you've made that modification, you'll still get that pop-up stating the filters are meant for use within a BIP. They should still run after confirming that warning message despite. That message goes away completely when you are using them within a portal container. This whether a V3 (Basic) or V4 (Collaborative) portal container.

Since you are on 8201, you have several options in going about tying your filters to a portal container. You can use the older portal type or newer portal type I've described above. I would use the newer if it was me.

Right click on any of your domains, and select New > Collaborative Portal for the new option. This will create a new portal container object and pages/resources folder within the domain you've selected. Then, just right-click the hidden ..._Resources folder that was generated with the new portal (found in same directory), and select New > Portal Page. This is the option we use at our site currently. You can drop your filters into a panel in that tool, applying the bip-responsive-1 CSS class to the containing panel you add them to, and bring in the content needing them after into other panels on your page. Check out the docs for more info on using this tool. After your page is created, you can edit that portal node (blue swirl circle icon) and choose to link to an existing page to tie off your newly created page to the portal it belongs to.

Hope the above helps!

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks folks. I will try these options tomorrow.
I have actually tried some of your suggestions before posting here. I will research more and will post again. I am new to BI Portals and trying to understand work done by another developer.

WF 8.2.01 APP STUDIO
PDF,HTML,EXL2K,Active

Expert
posted Hide Post
Another ATA Boy For CoolGuy and FocalPoint with...
quote:
bip-responsive-1
I tried bip-responsive-1-1-1, thinking it needed three values like bip-responsive-4-2-1.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Glad to help. Smiler

Yeah, in this case, you are only concerned with the first panel and top row, so only need to specify such.

I am honestly impressed with IBI having implemented these for us since they've been seemingly against exposing any bit of code to the end users. Kudos to them.