Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED by case] pct.cnt won't show correctly in a hold file

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED by case] pct.cnt won't show correctly in a hold file
 Login/Join

posted
I've generated an intermediate table (OriginalTable.png, the credit hours is from 1 to 20), and it's contents are correct. Then in order to level the across fields (in this case are the years), I used a hold table to output the results. However, the the hold table won't give me the correct contents again (Please see hold.png, the credit hours is not from 1 to 20).

I suspect it's the PCT.CNT problem, because when I use CNT, the hold table works perfectly fine. My code looks like this:

TABLE FILE CREDIT
SUM
PCT.CNT.EMPLID/F7.1 AS ''
BY LOWEST CreditHrsSort
BY CreditHours
ACROSS LOWEST NewYear
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD2 FORMAT ALPHA
END

TABLE FILE HOLD2
PRINT
2004-05 AS '2004-05'
2005-06 AS '2005-06'
BY LOWEST CreditHrsSort
BY CreditHours

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I would suggest to do the format change of the pct.cnt field in the final report.
The basic field is in fact not a number and that causes your problem

Do add an &echo on at the start of this report to find out what happens.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hello Jenny,
If you want order of 1 to 20 creditHours you can change the first by lowest creditHours and after creditHrsort, you can try a example whit tables car for example , i want see what is you problem .
For example:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
PCT.CNT.DEALER_COST/F7.2 AS PRECIO
BY LOWEST COUNTRY
BY LOWEST SALES
ACROSS LOWEST CAR
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE HOLD AS FICHERO FORMAT ALPHA
END
TABLE FILE FICHERO
PRINT *
END

-EXIT
Bye good day

Posts: 62 | Registered: September 18, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Experttomad and Frank,

Thank you for your reply. The following way works using the car file (I did cnt in the first file, then pct in the second):

SET HOLDLIST = PRINTONLY
SET ASNAMES = ON
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
CNT.DEALER_COST/F7.2 AS PRECIO
BY LOWEST COUNTRY
BY LOWEST SALES
ACROSS LOWEST CAR
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
END
TABLE FILE FICHERO
PRINT
'PCT.PRECIOALFA ROMEO'
'PCT.PRECIOAUDI'
'PCT.PRECIOBMW'
'PCT.PRECIODATSUN'
'PCT.PRECIOJAGUAR'
'PCT.PRECIOJENSEN'
'PCT.PRECIOMASERATI'
'PCT.PRECIOPEUGEOT'
'PCT.PRECIOTOYOTA'
'PCT.PRECIOTRIUMPH'
BY COUNTRY
BY SALES
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
END

However, I still don't understand why a straight "print *" in the hold file won't work (it won't print the exact same table).

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
PCT.CNT.DEALER_COST/F7.2 AS PRECIO
BY LOWEST COUNTRY
BY LOWEST SALES
ACROSS LOWEST CAR
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
END
TABLE FILE FICHERO
PRINT *
END

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Jenny,

I did a cross reference with the case you have opened for this one, and it looks like your issue is resolved. Can you please confirm if my understanding is correct? Thank you.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Jennny,

It looks like you got a solution from the case: Double prefix operators (such as PCT.CNT.) are not supported, so two passes of the data is required.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post