Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] to hide only few markers on a chart

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] to hide only few markers on a chart
 Login/Join

posted
Hi ,

On a graph x axis i have previousyear,currentmonths (like 2007,2008,jan-2009,feb2009....dec-2009).
for months i need to show the markers as connected (and in some,lets say red color)..
for years i need to show markers as unconnected in different color.
for calculating the value of markers i'm using the same formula in DEFINE.
REDCON/D8.5 = (A/B)*100;
BLUECON/D8.5 = (A/B)*100;

I tried to use if else condition but giving error "COMPARISON BETWEEN COMPUTATIONAL AND ALPHA VALUES IS NOT ALLOWED"

my code is like this
-SET &TO_YEAR = EDIT(&ToDate,'$$$$9999');
-SET &PR_YEAR = &TO_YEAR - 1;
-SET &PR_YEAR_2 = &TO_YEAR - 2;

DEFINE FILE xyz
REDCON/D8.5 = (A/B) * 1000000;
BLUECON/D8.5 = (A/B) * 1000000;
AMNTHCON/D8.5 = IF MONTHYEAR EQ &PR_YEAR_2 THEN 0 ELSE IF MONTHYEAR EQ &PR_YEAR THEN 0 ELSE REDCON
......(GETTING THE MARKERS BUT CONNECTING BOTH YEAR N MONTHS )

WHERE A,B,MONTHYEAR I'M GETTING FROM A STORED PROCEDURE ,WHERE MONTHYEAR IS CHARACTER FORMAT...

PLEASE HELP ME OUT ....
THANKS IN ADVANCE
RP

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

webfocus 7.6.9 windows XP Excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
If MONTHYEAR is character, then you will have to put quotes around your &PR_YEAR variable.

But why are you comparing a month/year to just a year?

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Ginny,
i put quotes around the variable, but the thing is the IF condition is not at all considering, i'm getting the whole markers as connected ..
for months i need to show the markers as connected (lets say in red color)..
for years i need to show markers as unconnected in different color.
so my idea is for getting red connected markers for months I ll have an IF condition which rejects other year conditions when matched with MONTHYEAR
from table MONTHYEAR is coming like this:
Apr-2009
Dec-2008
Feb-2009
Jan-2009
Mar-2009
May-2009
Jun-2009

thanks
rp

posted Hide Post
resolved by using ....

AMTCON/D8.5 MISSING ON = IF MONTHYEAR EQ '&PR_YEAR_2' THEN MISSING ELSE REDCON.......

and used setFillMissingData(0);

thanks rp