Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Maintain Grid -- Can you put images in a cell?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Maintain Grid -- Can you put images in a cell?
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Does anyone know of a way to link to images in a Grid cell?

J.

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The Grid object being an ocx (aka active-x) control, I doubt that this will be possible.
You might get it to work with an htmltable object. One of the stack fields that you put into the htmltable should then contain the html-code to call the image.
Never tried it, but it may actually work.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I would have bet that this wasn't possible. And, I'm really not sure of the ramifications, but here is the code:

function OnButton1_Click ( ) {
index = Form1.Grid1.AddBitmap("c:/ibi/apps/appname/pic1.bmp");
Form1.Grid1.GetCell(1,1);
Form1.Grid1.SetColWidth(1, 300);
Form1.Grid1.SetRowHeight(1, 300);
Form1.Grid1.CellSetBitmap(index);
Form1.Grid1.SetCell(1,1);
Form1.Grid1.RedrawAll();
}

You use the AddBitMap command to get the image. I then resized the cells to make it look right and redrew the grid. The image DOES appear in a gridcell. It is a bit grainy and I am not sure if there is another way to resize it, but here is the jumping off point.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thanks bud -- I missed the AddBitmap command in the help file.

J.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Presumably I can use something other than the disk directory structure to reference it? I'm guessing that is just how you prototyped on your laptop.

J.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I've done a lot of digging on tech support and on UG's site and it appears that referencing a bitmap on the server (which is likely the only useful thing to do given WF Maintain's architecture) is out of reach. All of the example source code shows only references to the local hard drive.

If anyone comes up with a solution to this I am all ears.

John

Master
posted Hide Post
John
It is very limited but it does seem that you have to have the hard coded path to the drive. I tried APPROOT and server name without any luck. Sorry.

Is there anyway you could use an HTMLTable instead of a grid? I have techniques that allow you to make selections and additions into an HTMLTable. That handles images without a problem.

Also, we are working on replacing the old Active-X grid with a new JavaScript one, but this is still some time away til production.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
For the moment I am committed to the grid for this app. I can change the look of my interface a bit and introduce a simulated text hot-link instead, but I had a column where a check mark would have been exceptionally useful.

I even tried referencing the server via a file:// connection but it did not take.

John

posted Hide Post
John,

Using a check box inside the grid cell may not be as pretty as a checkmark image, but it should work.

While I haven't used the grid cell check box feature, I have used the dropdown feature inside the cell and it works fine.

Sue

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Perhaps you could find a check mark as a character in a font set, and eliminate the image issue.

But then, the issue would be if the font was available to all your applications users. Smiler

Regards,
Dave

http://www.daveayers.com

WebFocus/Maintain 7.6.4-8
on Win2000 and 2003 Server

Posts: 165 | Location: Detroit Metro | Registered: September 17, 2003Report This Post