Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Dev Studio develped HTML under ie11 HEIGHT being over written

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Dev Studio develped HTML under ie11 HEIGHT being over written
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Reopening this post as I have some more info that someone might be able to respond to.

This is what's happening:
"We've seen some frequent display changes on HTML pages developed in Developer Studio and run under IE11. The iframe HEIGHT is being changed from 350px to 30px. Always 30px! Is anyone seeing this? Anyone aware of any IBI supplied java script that might affect this? We are not seeing this in ie10.

Here's what I've discovered in a simple HTML page calling a graph from the CAR table.
If the Sizing and Scrolling property of the iframe is set to no (scrolling = no) we have the issue very repeatable. If the Sizing and Scrolling property is not touched it defaults to AUTO, and we do not have the issue, but we may have a flash of a vertical scroll bar, but typically the iframe is tall enough and it's not remaining.

Any thoughts on why scrolling=no would cause a change in pixel define iframe height?

Thanks for any response.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Laure,

Laure

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03 - MRE, BID, - WindowsXP - Oracle 9i, SQLServer, DevStudio 7.7.3 - Apache Tomcat , Output: HTML, Excel 2013 and PDF

Posts: 78 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 07, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Laure,
Hope all is well in Florida!

Here is the Browser documentation, depends on your release...

Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
We're using IE11 with iFrames and not seeing this issue.

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Doug,
Are you using multiple iframe per page? And webofucs 7.7.xx? Or 8.x and not issues?

Laure

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03 - MRE, BID, - WindowsXP - Oracle 9i, SQLServer, DevStudio 7.7.3 - Apache Tomcat , Output: HTML, Excel 2013 and PDF

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Tom,
Hot and wet as ever down here. Thanks I've seen this. I know that our release isn't 'certified' But I've found no one else having the issues as of yet.

Laure

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Laure,
Try this in 1 of them and see if it works.

<head>
  <!-- Use Internet Explorer 10 Standards mode -->
  <meta http-equiv="x-ua-compatible" content="IE=10">
</head>

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Tom, Thanks again. I thought of that and tried it, but it made no change. It's really odd that this works fine in IE10. Thru the IE11 debugger I can see that the height is changing, just don't know why or how.

Laure

Laure

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I think Tom's example should read "IE=11". The idea is that this prevents IE from entering 'Compatibility mode', but it can do that for all kinds of reasons (for example if it sees that you're on an Intranet, pretty much the standard for most of us I suspect).

Easiest way to test is to press F12 with the report open and check whether it's set to Compatibility mode or not. If it is, change it to Standards mode, reload the page and see if it behaves correctly now.

If that doesn't help, then we're on the wrong track.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Laure:

I had massive problems - specifically with iframes - developing launch pages with WF 7705, Win 8.1 and IE11. When I contacted IBI they told me that IE11 is not supported, nor will it be for WF 7xxx until they manage to get it working for 8xxx. By that time, backward compatibility may become moot, because my bet is that they are scrambling right now to get things compatible with the latest M$ browser.

Why they don't switch the focus to Chrome (and for that matter to ODF compliant output) is beyond me.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post