Focal Point
[SOLVED] Remove schedule from CM Package

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8917047396

June 25, 2020, 11:56 AM
Henry Ma
[SOLVED] Remove schedule from CM Package
I'm trying to import a CM Package, but I got a "Distribution error creating item". Looking at the logs, it error-ed when trying to import a .sch file. I can always recreate the schedule, I just need to import the rest of my procedures.

Does anyone know how to remove a *.sch from a zipped CM Package? I removed it from the "root" folder and the "root_content", but when I import the CM Package, it is still trying to import the .sch file. I did see that the .sch was in the XML Document, but I didn't want to go there.

I have a case #200625042. Just seeing if anyone had any thoughts here, as I'm waiting for a response.

thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,
June 25, 2020, 01:42 PM
MartinY
Can you just recreate (re-export) the package without the schedules ?

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
June 25, 2020, 02:35 PM
Henry Ma
Martin,

Unfortunately, I can't.

The package I created was intended to replace a good chunk of the legacy reports in Production. Prior to importing the CM Package to Production, I was planning to first un-publish and hide the Legacy content. So... I wanted to simulate this in Development, initially for documenting purposes. I created my CM Package with no issues and wiped out the changes in Development, so now my Development mirrors Production.
June 25, 2020, 05:03 PM
Waz
You can unzip, delete and rezip, but not sure of the results. Will CM handle the missing files or just crash/stop, I don't know.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

June 25, 2020, 05:04 PM
Waz
Oh, hang on, try just removing from scenario.xml

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

June 25, 2020, 05:41 PM
Henry Ma
Thanks Waz!

Actually, out of frustration, I tried it a fourth time, to show someone else that it wasn't working and low and behold, it worked! I'm baffled.