Focal Point
[SOLVED] Passing HTML parameters to another HTML page with an embedded report

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8927017686

June 13, 2017, 04:49 PM
wdusbank
[SOLVED] Passing HTML parameters to another HTML page with an embedded report
I'm try to pass a parameter from one HTML form to another HTML page with an embedded report that uses that parameter.

The 2nd HTML page is called by a launch page with a -HTMLFORM command so it opens in its window.

I can get the 2nd HTML page to display the parameters passed, but the embedded report on the 2nd HTML page doesn't seem to receive it or use it.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF 8.2.01M, MF MVS 7.6.5
June 14, 2017, 07:50 AM
MartinY
If your 2nd HTML can display the received value from 1st HTML you can assign the same value to the embedded report.

How do you display the received variables ?

In js, assigned the received variables to hidden variables.
Map these variable the those from the embedded fex.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
June 14, 2017, 08:38 AM
wdusbank
I have displayed them in a text box using their parameter value and also just as text using !IBI.AMP.var_name; Neither have worked.

WF 8.2.01M, MF MVS 7.6.5
June 14, 2017, 09:22 AM
wdusbank
Do you have the js that does that? I'm new to js.

WF 8.2.01M, MF MVS 7.6.5
June 19, 2017, 11:59 AM
Tamra
wdusbank,

You can search the Forum for any question you might have.
For instance....
[SOLVED] newbie - passing parameters between html pages

Of course we encourage questions, but sometimes a bit of searching on the Forum will solve your answer and you do not have to wait for a member to answer especially if the question is generic.

Search on javascript or !ibi.amp or passing parameters etc.

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5
June 20, 2017, 09:37 AM
wdusbank
I searched the Forum before I added this question. However, if you don't have your search worded correctly, you don't find what you need. I did not find this entry.

WF 8.2.01M, MF MVS 7.6.5