Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [sharing] Text Pad is cooler than i knew...

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[sharing] Text Pad is cooler than i knew...
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
by accident i discovered something that Textpad does. We all know about 'FIND IN FILES' for searching all your fexes for some character string.
Well, guess what! when that list comes back, giving you fexname, line number and the line text,...
if you click on the fexname in that list, it opens in textpad, and goes directly to the line in question, and lets you edit and resave.
How cool is THAT!!!!
Ok, who already knew that? 'fess up.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Since the mid 90's so does UltraEdit and about 10x more stuff. It will even hook into your favorite compiler. As a life time member, I get free upgrades for life for the $60 I paid in '95.

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server

Expert
posted Hide Post

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Did you know Windows also can search for text within files?

...but since WF8 the fexi are no longer just files. They're stored in a database.

No more searching in files.

( but you can query them... )

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Maybe IBI can provide a MASTER file for that database...

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Editplus - This feature is available in Editplus for ages now. I am a constant user of Editplus for FEX files.

We even have done scripts in Editplus for Syntax highlighting and color changes for Fex codes.

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows
HTML/PDF/EXCEL/AHTML/XML/HTML5

Posts: 394 | Location: Chennai | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Ditto here with Editplus.

Seems they all do similar things

Hey Ramkumar,

You didn't download my zip of focus syntax that I uploaded to the site in 1999.

I guess it is a but outdated now.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Oh Waz.. 1999 Smiler The Time I was in my high school doing my 9th grade Smiler

Sorry I never knew and dint download. But now a days, we are not using Editplus, editing in dev studio itself.

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows
HTML/PDF/EXCEL/AHTML/XML/HTML5

Posts: 394 | Location: Chennai | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I am in a similar situation, but I edit in the external editor (Editplus), and it can be so much better in some ways.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post