Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Dynamic List of Values

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Dynamic List of Values
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I am attempting to create a report with a Dynamic List of Values. I am using the demo database CENTORD.FOC. This database is located in C:\ibi\apps\ibinccen of my Windows XP WebFOCUS 5.3.2 installation.

When I attempt the following code, I get an empty drop down box, and I am not able to run the report. The code I am using is:

TABLE FILE CENTORD
PRINT ORDER_DATE ORDER_NUM
BY STORE_CODE
WHERE STORE_CODE EQ '&STORE.(FIND STORE_CODE IN CENTORD).STORE CODE.'
END

When I attempt another report against the CAR.FOC database (in the same folder), the report works correctly. The code I use against the CAR database is:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR MODEL SEATS
BY COUNTRY
WHERE COUNTRY EQ '&COUNTRY.(FIND COUNTRY IN CAR).COUNTRY.'

Since the Dynamic List of Values technique works against the CAR database and not against the CENTORD database, I suspect there is something wrong about the CENTORD database, but I don't know what the problem is.

Does anyone have any idea why a Dynamic List of Values cannot be generated against the CENTORD demo database?

Posts: 62 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 29, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I get a populated dynamic list of values from CENTORD.
TABLE FILE CENTORD
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
SUM QTY_IN_STOCK
BY STATE
BY SNAME
BY PRODNAME
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"Inventory Report"
"For State= &STATE, Store Name= &SNAME, and Product Name= &PRODNAME "
" "
WHERE STATE EQ '&STATE.(FIND STATE IN CENTORD).2-3 letters for US State.'
WHERE SNAME EQ '&SNAME.(AND(eMart,TV City,Web Sales)).Store Name.'
WHERE PRODNAME EQ '&PRODNAME.(FIND PRODNAME IN CENTORD).Product Name.'
END

We are on 5.21

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
In fact, I tried your code, and it works for me.

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I tried the suggested code with my WebFOCUS 5.3.2 Windows XP installation, and it still fails to populate a drop down list with values from the database. Since the suggested code was able to be run on a prior release of WebFOCUS, I think this must be a bug with version 5.3.2 of WebFOCUS. If anyone is able to run the suggested code with version 5.3.2, then please let me know.

Posts: 62 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 29, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
John, i tried your Car example in 525, and it didn't work. hmmm?
and.NSelph, i tried your code, and it doesn't work either, 525, servlet.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I'm having the same results with 5.3.2. Do we know if this is a bug??

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Here's the code I used and it works:

TABLE FILE CENTORD
PRINT
ORDER_DATE
ORDER_NUM
BY
STORE_CODE
WHERE ( STORE_CODE EQ &STORE.(OR(FIND STORE_CODE IN CENTORD)).Store Code. );

A couple of things to notice:

CENTORD and CAR both work for me under 5.32, Windows XP. That has been pretty stable for some time now.

[LIST]
  • Note that in my code there are extra parenthesis. That might do the trick.

Does that help?
  •  
    Gold member
    posted Hide Post
    Here's the code I used and it works:

TABLE FILE CENTORD
    PRINT
    ORDER_DATE
    ORDER_NUM
    BY
    STORE_CODE
    WHERE ( STORE_CODE EQ &STORE.(OR(FIND STORE_CODE IN CENTORD)).Store Code. );

A couple of things to notice:

CENTORD and CAR both work for me under 5.32, Windows XP. That has been pretty stable for some time now.

• Note that in my code there are extra parenthesis. That might do the trick.
    • Also, there are TWO STORE_CODE fields in the database; make sure they match.

Does that help?

Virtuoso
    posted Hide Post
    Yes the extra parenthesis...was the trick.

Thanks,

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post