Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Scheduled Email for Page

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Scheduled Email for Page
 Login/Join

posted
We've built out pages for our portals that our departments use. Our operations team wants one of those pages to be emailed out to their subgroups each day. However, there is no 'schedule an email' option for pages. How can I get the page contents emailed out to these groups daily? Each page has about 8 different charts/reports on it that all need to be grouped together in the same fashion as the page is currently designed. They have filters in there to select the department which I think I can just build into the schedule part once I figure out how to email that page. Thoughts?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Posts: 4 | Location: Washington | Registered: February 21, 2018Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We are on version 8206.?? currently

Guru
posted Hide Post
Great question..Following this post.

Sandbox: 8206.10
Dev: 8201M
Prod:8009

Posts: 289 | Location: Houston,TX | Registered: June 11, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Dkiger and Vaayu

I checked with product management and this is not currently supported. You should probably open a new feature request to support this as I agree it is a good idea.

I attempted scheduling a URL to a portal page but the htm file it e-mailed me kinda looked like a login page but would not work for me. You might try that yourself.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
What you might be able to do is create an HTML with WebFOCUS that loads the Page as soon as the email opened with location.replace for instance. But I'm not sure all email clients accept this.

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.

Posts: 454 | Location: Europe | Registered: February 05, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
@fp mod chuck - how do I go about submitting this as a new feature request? I am unfamiliar with that process.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I think this is a feature on the 8207 roadmap. You'll be able to send the image of the page to a pdf but I'm not sure when it'll be available.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
dkiger

To request a new feature open a case on techsupport with New Feature Request in the summary line and then give the details of what you would like.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
You'll be able to send the image of the page to a pdf

Search for PhantomJS in the forum and you'll see that this is possible with some coding (and knowledge).

Push any web page to an image and incorporate it in a PDF.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the "page" you're trying to send a portal page with just a bunch of charts, rpts, in individual panel containers or a stand-alone HTML page that is just dropped into 1 panel on a portal page? If it's the latter, you should be able to recreate this page in the document composer as a pdf document and e-mail that

Posts: 3 | Location: Home-based Kansas City area | Registered: April 16, 2020Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a page from the Designer tab in InfoAssist. We are aggregating our content in containers on the page, saving them, loading them into Portal Pages and then adding those to our portals. We don't have anything built out in the HTML page that could be leveraged. We were wanting to use our existing Pages instead of creating a duplicate effort.

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hey Tony,
I searched it in the forum, can't find a good example for PhantomJS anywhere, Please send me some usage/syntax for it.

Appreciate it!

Sandbox: 8206.10
Dev: 8201M
Prod:8009

Posts: 289 | Location: Houston,TX | Registered: June 11, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
If you've seen the other posts, then you should have seen this one where I mention that …

quote:
Unfortunately, this is too involved for this forum

The essential process is to stack commands in an input file and then call them within a command string which calls PhantomJS, the Rasterizer.js and any parameters for PhantomJS processing that you need.

Check out PhantomJS.org for more information. Note that it is now discontinued.

The basic command to place in the stack consists of
  • url - full path to the procedure to be captured
  • page_size - the size of the virtual browser page that you want to capture - hint: larger gives greater resolution, gives larger file size, can take longer to render.
  • output_format - png etc.
  • img_format - normally file
  • out_filename - relative or full path where the output will be written. I normally use FOCCACHE but you cannot just use FOCCACHE/filename.png, you have to identify the actual path of the FOCCACHE folder for your session

My apologies that I am unable to give you more time on this as I do have a day job!!

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post