Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] 4 Focus DB Same Date will not report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] 4 Focus DB Same Date will not report
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi every one

I'm stock with a problem and i'm sure one of you expert can help me

I have 4 focus DB i'm trying to combine

File 1 is SRTST03

JoinLbl03 ( A12 )
Year3 ( P4 )
TypeLbl3 ( A25 )
DivLbl3 ( A5 )
Sales3 ( D12.2 )

File 2 is SRTST04

JoinLbl04 ( A12 )
Year4 ( P4 )
TypeLbl4 ( A25 )
DivLbl4 ( A5 )
Sales4 ( D12.2 )

File 3 is SRTST05

JoinLbl05 ( A12 )
Year5 ( P4 )
TypeLbl5 ( A25 )
DivLbl5 ( A5 )
Sales5 ( D12.2 )

File 4 is SRTST06

JoinLbl06 ( A12 )
Year6 ( P4 )
TypeLbl6 ( A25 )
DivLbl6 ( A5 )
Sales6 ( D12.2 )

I am trying to make a report which will combine all similar field into one field

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

7.6. / Win 7 / Excel

Posts: 56 | Location: St-Laurent QC Canada | Registered: February 04, 2009Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
sorry, incomplete, i continue.

In file STRTST03 there is 10 records containing data for year 2008 ( Year3 field )
In file STRTST04 there is 10 records containing data for year 2009 ( Year4 field )
In file STRTST05 there is 3 records containing data for year 2008 ( Year5 field )
In file STRTST06 there is 3 records containing data for year 2009 ( Year6 field )

I am trying to create a report to show 26 record with data as

SRTST7

JoinLbl07 ( A12 )
Year7 ( P4 )
TypeLbl7 ( A25 )
DivLbl7 ( A5 )
Sales7 ( D12.2 )

All i tried so far has failed.

So i realy need help.

Thank you.

Dev studio 764 on XP

7.6. / Win 7 / Excel

Posts: 56 | Location: St-Laurent QC Canada | Registered: February 04, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Please update your signature via the link above.

This is not tested, BTW...

SET ASNAMES = ON
-SET &CNTR = 3;
-REPEAT GET_DATA 5 TIMES
TABLE FILE SRTST0&CNTR
PRINT 
   TypeLbl&CNTR AS 'TYPE_LBL'
   DivLbl&CNTR  AS 'DIV_LBL'
   Sales&CNTR   AS 'SALES'
BY JoinLbl0&CNTR AS 'KEY_COL'
BY Year&CNTR     AS 'YEAR'
  ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD&CNTR
END
-RUN
-SET &CNTR = &CNTR + 1;
-IF &CNTR GT 7 GOTO DONE;
-GET_DATA
-DONE
TABLE FILE HOLD3
PRINT
  TYPE_LBL
  DIV_LBL
  SALES
 BY KEY_COL
 BY YEAR
   ON TABLE HOLD AS FINAL
MORE
FILE HOLD4
MORE 
FILE HOLD5
MORE
FILE HOLD6
MORE
FILE HOLD7
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE FINAL
PRINT
  TYPE_LBL
  DIV_LBL
  SALES
 BY KEY_COL
 BY YEAR
END
-EXIT

hth

Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Here's another idea. Since the formats for the four files are the same, use a single master and the USE statement to 'concatenate' the four FOCUS files to that master.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Ginny, I would have suggested that if all the column names were the same.

If programmers create FOCUS DB's like above, instead of creating them with the same column names and different file names, then, the code above, or something similar, is my thought.

Of course, creating "another" MFD with common names will work also.

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Another option would be to define the column names the same, then just do TABLE MORE.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

All column name same and TABLE MORE worked

7.6. / Win 7 / Excel