Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Migration
 Login/Join

posted
Can any one please let me know how to migrate reports from SSRS to Webfocus?

Kindly help me on this....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
SSR

Nagenda, what is SSR?

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Nagendra,

I am not aware of a way to migrate reports from SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to WebFocus. You will most likely have to recreate them in WebFocus within a configured environment. Are you really new to all this? Have you used WebFocus before as of yet?

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
hi, SH98110

I'm really sorry...Typo misatke.... SSRS(MSBI)

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
hi coolGuy,

yeah, i'm really new this environment....in my environment newly project came(webfocus8). Now we are trying to migrate reports from SSRS to webfocus.......

Kindly help me

what are the steps we followed while doing migrating

Are we should aware SQL Quries for migrating?

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Nagendra,

So, you are brand new to WebFocus (starting with 8 I see), and your team needs to have you migrate reports from SSRS to a WebFocus 8 environment, right? Is there anyone else at your site that's worked with WebFocus 8, DevStudio or AppStudio before? Are you the pioneer of the bunch?

If there is another/other person/people that have experience at your site with WebFocus I would get with them to help you learn the ropes. If not, you've got quite the task ahead of you. Sorry to say that.

I would begin learning how to create reports with IBI's AppStudio product if you have a license for such. You will have to set the environment up first before you begin developing reports though. Then once you get a hang of creating stuff in WebFocus, you will be better prepped to convert SSRS reports to such.

Look on IBI's website for demo projects and WebFocus 8 documentation to help. Also, you may consider taking courses from IBI to help jump start you. That's in their education portion of their site.

posted Hide Post
CoolGuy,

Many thanks for your suggestions and response

Q) So, you are brand new to Web Focus (starting with 8 I see), and your team needs to have you migrate reports from SSRS to a Web Focus 8 environment, right?

A) Correct

Q) Is there anyone else at your site that's worked with Web Focus 8, DevStudio or AppStudio before?

A) Yes

Q) Are you the pioneer of the bunch

A) YES

I‘m beginner into (webfocus8). Sure, I will get-up-and-go through the DOC initial. Then create a new setup into my PC (web focus) as you assumed, initially i will learn how to create reports in web focus

Kindly share me the links IBI’s website for demo projects

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
http://www.informationbuilders.com/

Use the the menu drop-downs and search bar to find help.