Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Cannot copy <filename.js> to IBFS:/folder

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Cannot copy <filename.js> to IBFS:/folder
 Login/Join

posted
When dragging and dropping Javascripts from a v5 project folder on an old server to a v7 project folder on a newer server, about half of the files cause a pop-up error dialog window stating "Cannot copy to IBFS:/Shared-Development/ProjectFolder/Change_Name.js" .

It appears that some files on the old v5 project folder are different or wrong in some way that prevents a copy to a different project folder. The target folder was new and empty prior to the attempt to copy files from the old project file. A set of .js files were selected, part of which copied and part of which flagged the error message below.

[SOLVED] Update: So based on the comments I did find a way to work around the copy issue, by not copying directly from the v5 project folder to the new v7 folder. In one case, I successfully used Windows Explorer as a source to move files into the new project folder.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Joe Elliott,

WebFOCUS 7.x (outdated v5 in prod and migrating to version 7.6 in test) VM Windows 2003 server / Windows XP client & MVS z/OS deployed environment
All output

Posts: 18 | Location: Columbus, OH or England | Registered: January 24, 2011Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't do it from the Projects area of the Dev Studio Explorer window.

Are either of the two environments multi-tier, i.e. is the reporting server on a different machine than the client server? If so, the Projects area won't work.

Try copying from Environment to Environment.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the quick reply . . . while I cannot copy from project area to project area, I can copy the files from Windows Explorer (outside of WebFOCUS software) into the new project folder with no issues. Also odd that part of the files copied, while some of them failed with the error message shown in the first post. My environment is multi-tiered with the Report server on a different platform than the Client server.

The other issue I seem to have is that I lose the connection between the forms and the Javascript regardless when I upgrade, which means I have to embed every Javascript into every form again. This means hundreds of touchpoints on the forms to re-embed all of the Javascripts into the forms where they were generated in the first place.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Joe Elliott,

WebFOCUS 7.x (outdated v5 in prod and migrating to version 7.6 in test) VM Windows 2003 server / Windows XP client & MVS z/OS deployed environment
All output

Posts: 18 | Location: Columbus, OH or England | Registered: January 24, 2011Report This Post