Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Style Sheets for Multiple Formats

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Style Sheets for Multiple Formats
 Login/Join

posted
Looking for the simplest, easiest most elegant solution for column titles and report headings that can be in any one of HTML, PDF, EXECL and PPT formats

An example report with the following heading requirements:

Jan 2011 Feb2011
col1 col2 coln m1a m1b m1c m2a m2b m2c

The number of columns on the left (col1...coln) is variable.
Want to place the Month/Date over their respective monthly data and visually tie the date, column title and column data together.

Otherwise, open to suggestions regarding formatting.

Thank you

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Production: WebFOCUS 7.703 & 8.104,
All output formats.
Win7-64,MS Office 2013.
Sandbox 8009

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I think you will find it difficult to find one set of stylesheet settings that will work well with all output formats. You can create separate stylesheet files (.STY) for each of your output formats and -INCLUDE the appropriate stylesheet file within the style section of the report code. The user's selection of output format from the launch page would pass a variable to determine which stylesheet file to use. Or you can have one stylesheet file and use -GOTO/-label statements to direct the logic to the correct style settings within the file for the requested output format. This second approach makes for easier maintenance.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This might be too simplistic, but have you considered using an ACROSS for the dates?

As for a "common" style sheet for all outputs, I do not believe there is such a thing. In every client I have worked at, I have had to do just what Dan described and provide a separate style sheet for each format, and use an amper variable to determine which to use.

Sometimes the client wants drill downs in HTML but not in Excel. Sometimes the want to use their company standard .css file, which is fine for HTML and getting better for Excell, but pdf does not understand what a "class' is. etc, etc.

Robert F. Bowley Jr.
Owner
TaRa Solutions, LLC

In WebFOCUS since 2001

Posts: 132 | Location: Gadsden, Al | Registered: July 22, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks,

Good ideas all and you confirmed what I am learning in the language manuals.

I'm a keep it simple as possible.
Even beyond stylesheets, techniques utilizing careful code with well placed objects goes a long way. I invite suggestions.