Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     html composer gui mangling my jquery code

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
html composer gui mangling my jquery code
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi

OK I know this has come up many times in here. I am adding some jquery to an html composer page. There are maybe 8 includes to js and css files and some js code I need to add on the html page. I can get everything to work. However, if I try to open the file afterwards in the gui... it completely wrecks my code. The js calls are actually modified. It even changed the order of the calls! And worse, the composer gui actually fetched some of the js code from included files and inserted it!

Is there any way to get html composer gui to not totally destroy my code?

The alternative is to code the page without the composer. Which is fine... except I will lose some functionality.

Or, I can keep a copy of my html composer page that does not have any custom code in it and constantly re-add the js calls manually every time I need to change the file?

Thanks

Jodye

WF 8.0.0.5M

Posts: 246 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: October 01, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is there any way to get html composer GUI to not totally destroy my code?

Actually, Yes. Don't feed the GUI code which it can't digest. that's the nature of this beast. it is GREAT for all that it does, and even has some flexibility when adding some code. However, it is temperamental when parsing stuff it doesn't understand.

Step one is to make sure that it doesn't do what you want to do with jQuery. Case-In-Point: I've seen developers using a great deal of jQuery or JavaScript to add calendars because they didn't know about the IB provided calendar controls, which, imho, is great.

So, with that being said (and with no offense intended or implied). What is it that you're attempting to do with jQuery that is not otherwise available in the GUI?

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I am quite disappointed with the HTML Composer Calendar Control and have started using the jQuery Date Picker plugin. You cannot feed the HTML Composer Calendar Control specific dates... you cannot have weekend dates un-selectable...

There's a bug when using the API to load the selected side of the double-list box - they do not load in the order specified...

There's a bug in the v7.7.05 version of the drop-down list - if there are over 100 option values and the drop-down list is set to multiple - select one or more - the drop-down list does not close...

jQuery comes in handy...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
There isn't a jQuery calendar control to compare to the one available in the WF GUI screen painter, but a multitude of jQuery calendar control based plugins, widgets,...

Here is a website, I pulled at random, to give an idea:
http://blog.teamtreehouse.com/...ins-for-input-fields

For the presentation layer, we have found the 'open source - wisdom of the entire community' arena as the best place to get the latest cutting edge web page controls/visual layer/UI stuff.

We use WebFOCUS as the engine to dynamically build web pages, fill controls, and, of course, produce great looking reports.

I am certain that there are applications where designing and building pages with Composer will be perfect for.

And I've always thought that Information Builders was very smart to make sure their tools work well with other technologies.

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
You cannot feed the HTML Composer Calendar Control specific dates..

Sure you can. I do it often. Just set the desired date (&BegDate) to a real date and use it as a default / "Selected Value" (as !IBI.AMP.BegDateWink in the calebndar control.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Yes, only the default selected value.

I would like the selectable dates in the date control be provided by a fex - I would like every second day from March 3 2013 to April 14 2013 and exclude Sundays. How is this done with the HTML Composer Date Control?

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
How is this done with the HTML Composer Date Control?

Yeah, that's a problem... I don't know that it can be done. Perhaps it's time for a NFR where the calendar control can be populated from a fex, like many of the other dynamic controls...

Expert
posted Hide Post
Well, the thing is - you can populate the Date Control with a fex, but the result is not what you expect.

Why allow fex control when it's specified that the "Calendar will contain a range of dates..."?

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
OK, so the fex is supposed to return one row, containing the min and max dates.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys

Actually there are a ton of fantastic jquery widgets that have been written that enable functionality that there is no way you can accomplish in html composer. In the end I am doing straighht up html/javascript and using IBI.FIl and IBI.AMP to stick reports where I want them.

Thanks!

Jodye

WF 8.0.0.5M

Posts: 246 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: October 01, 2003Report This Post