Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     "internal Error"

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
"internal Error"
 Login/Join

<venu rai>
posted
Hi,

We have 5.2.3 client installed. For Some users , when they excute reports on deffered mode , they get a message saying "internal Error" . But this is not true for all users .Some users are able to sucessfully excute the same report .
Is there any user profile changes required? ..WE migrated from 4.2.1 to 5.2.3.

- Venu

Report This Post
<monte2000>
posted
You note they are running a report so the tickets should not be an issue.

The install doc has info on migration and particulars about deferred reports. Search the Tech Doc Library (link at top of page.)

You must use a 523 client against a 523 server; cannot use an older 436 or 51x server.

Please contact Tech Support for assistance and provide WF Client traces.

Hope this helps.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
and i bet the Internal Error is RED.
That's java.
we call it the red screen of death
sort of an updated version of the old blue screen of death.
Java errors are common on upgrades..until all the fex code gets cleaned up. And you never know whats causing it. We had a thread running for a while on 'stuff that causes java errors'..certain reserved words, etc. Its puzzling that only some users are having trouble, if you're running all MRE against the same server. So, i agree with monte, tech support is probably your best bet

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
Setting Dashboard traces on and then viewing the trace after one of the "internal error" red screen of death might help...

The trace is set here:

http://server-name/ibi_apps/worp/jsp/trace/WORP_TraceViewer.jsp?

Pietro.

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Venu,

I had the same issue with one of my users. She would get an internal error whenever she want's to see her deffered queue. IBI did not help.

Here is what I did. Find the user.html in
ibi\webfocus52\basedir, edit and removed the <LI> entries after
<A HREF='#.olapdeferred'>Deferred Reports</A>

This worked and the user never had problems. Don't know why it happened in the first place but got the user up and running.

Posts: 176 | Location: Desplaines | Registered: August 05, 2004Report This Post