Focal Point
[CLOSED](FOC3315) IMAGE FILE NOT FOUND

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8977083286

May 16, 2016, 11:04 AM
gerndude
[CLOSED](FOC3315) IMAGE FILE NOT FOUND
I am new to app studio and also to an environment with a separate client and reporting server. I am attempting to include a png image with a transparent background in the report heading. The present code works fine for HTML but not for AHTML/PDF/XLSX. Below is the pertinent code.

TYPE=TABHEADING,
IMAGE=IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Collections/company_logo_xsmall.png,
POSITION=(+0.000000 +0.000000),
$

I have read through many posts concerning this, where it is being stated that the image file needs to be placed in the app path. I have tried that, but it seems to not work. I have tried putting the image on the client server, which has not worked for me either. I have not really been able to find any app studio documentation concerning this. Can anyone point me to a document or post that will clearly explain how to do this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8203 Gen 43
App Studio 8203 Gen 04232018
Hyperstage 8203M Gen 1320
MS Sequel Server 2014
Windows 10
Excel/AHTML/PDF/HTML
Chrome, IE11
May 19, 2016, 09:13 AM
Tamra
gerndude,

The following link from the IBI Technical Content Library may provide some assistance with your image question.

Adding an Image to a Report

Depending where the report resides - Content or Apps folder
Using the GUI tool is the best way to navigate to the image.

In the Content folder, pointing to an image residing on the server, the image will be copied to the report folder in the repository - automatically.

In the Apps Folder the image must reside within the path as specified on the Reporting Server.

The code supplied should produce an image within an AHTML/EXCEL as long as there is code for the image within such as:
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
" "

Thank you for participating in the Focal Point Forum.

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator - Information Builders Inc.
* Summit 2016 – June 13-17 in Reno, Nevada  - http://www.informationbuilders.com/events/summit

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5
May 20, 2016, 08:40 AM
gerndude
Tamra. Thanks for the information. Yes, I learned that putting an image in the app path will make it available for PDF and XLSX. I also learned that putting those images in the baseapp app path works, since it is the default app path in my server path. The advantage to using this is that you only need to put the image in one app path instead of each app path that you need the image in. This simplifies administration and future changes. Now I am trying to use an image in the cells/columns of a report. An image can easily be added to a cell in HTML/AHTML, but I have not been able to output an image in a column for PDF or XLSX. I am wondering if that is even possible. Mainly, I am focusing on PDF first. Can you answer that question?

WebFOCUS 8203 Gen 43
MS Sequel Server 2014
Windows 10
Excel/AHTML/PDF/HTML
Chrome, IE11
May 20, 2016, 09:36 AM
Ricardo Augusto
Easy.

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES
BY COUNTRY
HEADING
"Period: TEST"
ON TABLE SUBFOOT
"testing"
""

ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET HTMLEMBEDIMG ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
   INCLUDE = endeflt,

$
TYPE=REPORT,
     IMAGE=ford_logo.jpg,
     SIZE=(1.000000 0.291667),
$
END

PS.: ford_logo.jpg and endeflt are on the same path of fex. On my case they are under IBFS:/WFC/Repository/vesir218/std_reports/dev/

WebFOCUS 8.1.05 / APP Studio
June 08, 2016, 04:44 PM
gerndude
[SOLVED] I learned that putting an image in the app path will make it available for PDF and XLSX. I also learned that putting those images in the baseapp app path works, since it is the default app path in my server path. The advantage to using this is that you only need to put the image in one app path instead of each app path that you need the image in. This simplifies administration and future changes. Now I am trying to use an image in the cells/columns of a report.

WebFOCUS 8203 Gen 43
MS Sequel Server 2014
Windows 10
Excel/AHTML/PDF/HTML
Chrome, IE11