Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Run in New Window
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
I'm not sure why we needed it, but in 7.x when you run a Parameter report without a front end, you get this big blue page where the parameters are input and when you submit, the output goes in that same page unless you check "Run in New Window" Does anyone know if you can have it default to checked? Or is this a "new feature request" for a new feature I didn't request?

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I concur, the default of checked to run in a new window would be nice. One thing I've noticed is if your output is pdf and you run in new window, it sometimes comes up behind a blank screen. Not sure if this is an IB issue or a browser issue.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
This kind of error (blank screen), I have seen with Adobe Reader 7, but not Adobe Reader 6. The PDF problems we have had have been dependant on Adobe Reader Version, interacting with Tomcat version.

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Prarie,

Try this:

1. Edit the C:\ibi\DevStudio71\ibi_html\javaassist\ibi\html\describe\autoprompt.xsl file if you are using stand-alone Developer Studio or C:\ibi\WebFOCUS71\ibi_html\javaassist\ibi\html\describe\autoprompt.xsl if you have WebFOCUS installed.

2. Find the following element:

Run in a new window

3. Make it checked by default by adding the checked modifier:

Run in a new window

You will need to recycle the WebFOCUS web application for the change to take effect.

If it works, you can still submit a new feature request if you like, because a change like this will probably not be preserved when you upgrade to a newer release. You would have to make the modification again after upgrading.

Let me know if this helps.

Joe

posted Hide Post
Prarie,

In my previous post, the html was interpreted instead of being displayed as is. What you are looking for in the autoprompt.xsl file is a checkbox named reportTarget with an id of idReportTarget. Add the checked attribute to this checkbox.

<input type="checkbox" name="reportTarget" id="idReportTarget"></input<><span>Run in a new window</span>

Joe

posted Hide Post
Mistyped it. Here it is corrected:

<input type="checkbox" name="reportTarget" id="idReportTarget"></input><span>Run in a new window</span>

Joe

posted Hide Post
And with the checked attribute:

<input type="checkbox" name="reportTarget" id="idReportTarget" checked ></input><span>Run in a new window</span>

Joe

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thanks...we'll give this a try...and I'll report back.

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Tried that...and ended up with a blank page.
Must be missing something.

posted Hide Post
Here's how I got it to work:

1. Add the following 2 lines within the "function window_onload()"
var xnode = document.getElementById("ibi_requests").getElementsByTagName("requests")[0].getElementsByTagName("request")[0].attributes.getNamedItem("targetname");
xnode.nodeValue = "_blank";

2. Update function "checkbox1_onclick(ctrl)" { to say -
var xnode = document.getElementById("ibi_requests").getElementsByTagName("requests")[0].getElementsByTagName("request")[0].attributes.getNamedItem("targetname");
if (xnode.nodeValue == "_blank"){
xnode.nodeValue = "iframe1";
}
else xnode.nodeValue = "_blank";

3. Update the following tag to -

posted Hide Post
Sorry #3 should say -

INPUT id=checkbox1_0 type=checkbox value="New window" name=checkbox1 displaytext="New window" ElementToPaste="false" checked

With < and > on both ends. The HTML was interpreted.

Expert
posted Hide Post
prarie
its a setting in your admin console, configuration, parameter settings...
that's where you override that uglyy blue page (that was the default in 533 that everyone hated) and get it back to the regular way.
i can't remember the specifics...
but our site right now has IBIF_wfdescribe=OFF
and IBIF_describe_xsl = automprompt_top

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post