Focal Point
[CLOSED] Maintain - Tree Control

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8987029376

December 14, 2014, 02:36 PM
Dr. Nick
[CLOSED] Maintain - Tree Control
Hi,

Does Maintain have a tree control? If not, does anyone have a home grown technique? I wish to display a list of records that meet selected criteria. This row will have a plus sign in the left column. When the plus sign is clicked, it will change to a minus sign and a list of related records will be displayed under the selected row. Both the initial row and the subordinate rows can be selected. I only need two tiers for this application, the original and the subordinate.

I'm currently on 7.7.03 but will be upgrading to 8.0.09 shortly.

Thank you,
Nick

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 7.7.03 & 8.0.7
Windows
HTML, Excel, PDF, etc.
Also, using Maintain, etc.
December 15, 2014, 08:33 AM
Maintain Wizard
Hi Nick
I'm afraid that Maintain does not currently have a tree control. When an application is created with Update Assist, that IS one of the options, but that is actually created outside of Maintain.

When Maintain is available in App Studio, using a tree will be an option.

Mark
December 15, 2014, 10:38 PM
Dr. Nick
Hi Mark,

Thanks...that's what I thought. I can simulate by creating a left column with a click event that will provide the two tier effect. I wanted to see if anyone integrated a JavaScript tree control in Maintain. This would provide a more pleasant UI then my home grown method.

Speak soon...

Thanks again...

Nick

WebFOCUS 7.7.03 & 8.0.7
Windows
HTML, Excel, PDF, etc.
December 16, 2014, 03:08 AM
Alan B
I have built a tree control, but this had much more in it than a standard tree and would be difficult to cut out just the basic tree from the code. You can find the basic code though by searching the internet.
The other option would be to use an expandable report, not perfect, but simple.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007
December 16, 2014, 07:13 AM
Dr. Nick
Hi Alan,

Thanks for your response... I did check the internet but thought someone may have an example of the integration of a JavaScript tree with Maintain. As time allows, I'll either implement using a Maintain only solution or "byte the bullet" and integrate the JavaScript solution.

More to come...

Thanks...

Nick

WebFOCUS 7.7.03 & 8.0.7
Windows
HTML, Excel, PDF, etc.